Wierd DVR Problem

willywonka

Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
Central Washington State
I have had Dish for years, upgrading to the DVR, then the HD DVR (722). No problems at any time UNTIL I started using the 722. Since I got the 722, I have replaced three of them for assorted reasons. I have noticed that the newest one (No 4) has rebooted itself 3 random times when the phone rings! We display caller ID and three times the DVR has locked up for a few seconds then did a hard restart.
The phone line also carries Internet DSL, I have the filter plugged in line with the DVR. Do I need some sort of phone line suppression device? The DVR has also rebooted at random times when no phone calls come in. I have it in a well ventilated area, so it isn't getting hot. I am going to check the power polarity, I am thinking about getting a computer UPS.
Maybe I just have another bad DVR????
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Bill

I have had Dish for years, upgrading to the DVR, then the HD DVR (722). No problems at any time UNTIL I started using the 722. Since I got the 722, I have replaced three of them for assorted reasons. I have noticed that the newest one (No 4) has rebooted itself 3 random times when the phone rings! We display caller ID and three times the DVR has locked up for a few seconds then did a hard restart.
The phone line also carries Internet DSL, I have the filter plugged in line with the DVR. Do I need some sort of phone line suppression device? The DVR has also rebooted at random times when no phone calls come in. I have it in a well ventilated area, so it isn't getting hot. I am going to check the power polarity, I am thinking about getting a computer UPS.
Maybe I just have another bad DVR????
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Bill

Line filter, UPS, and I suspect a bad filter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)