Wii price cut to $200

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Why would someone buy this hunk or garbage when they can have a real game machine like the PS3 or Xbox360 for a few bucks more? It's worth $49.99, tops!
Children.

If I hadn't won the one at the SatGuys Christmas Party, then this price point would make me jump at buying one for the kiddos.

I just dont know anyone who was like 'man, if only the Wii was cheaper...'
Well it was more of a PR thing.. I think it just got harder and harder to justify the $250 when Xbox 360 Arcade cost $200 and was substantially more powerful.

Why would someone buy this hunk or garbage when they can have a real game machine like the PS3 or Xbox360 for a few bucks more? It's worth $49.99, tops!

Children.

If I hadn't won the one at the SatGuys Christmas Party, then this price point would make me jump at buying one for the kiddos.

Yeah, it's definitely a fun thing to have, and it has its niche for sure.

That being said, if I was only buying one system, the Wii wouldn't even get a sniff.

The Wii's market is huige. It is a game machine for folks who don't do gaming. The Wii fit is an excercise machine for folks who don't exercise. Nintendo is laughing all the way to the bank. There is a reason Sony is coming out with a motion simulater and I assure you it isn't to appeal to the gaming market, but to the other 200 million folks.:D

There is a reason Sony is coming out with a motion simulater and I assure you it isn't to appeal to the gaming market, but to the other 200 million folks.:D

Yeah, and I can't stand it. The Wii is what it is, you're not going to catch it now. Forget about the stupid motion controller and just focus on bringing out great "traditional" games... No one is going to pay for a PS3 so they can have motion and play the one or two games that use it. If they want that, they already have a Wii.

If Sony puts out the kind of better quality next gen games the system is capable of it to support the motion controller, it might be a better option for some folk, though perhaps not the most casual of the casual gaming crowd.

But imagine Wii-like games, Wii-like functionality on a gaming system that also plays Blu-ray, is a media server for viewing photos/playing music etc., and plays high quality next gen games--something for everyone in the family. A really nice upgrade for all those people that bought a Wii at $250 when the PS3 was $400-$500. Now as their Wii gathers dust, they look for the next thing. Meanwhile the Wii doesn't have anywhere else to go technology-wise unless Nintendo puts out a next gen version. I see this as a good marketing decision on Sony's part. It remains to be seen if they can pull it off of course.

No one is going to pay for a PS3 so they can have motion and play the one or two games that use it. If they want that, they already have a Wii.

I personally like that they will. I would love to have the next gen graphics with the function of the Wii.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts