The Beatles Rock Band

Jamey K

Recovering Voomer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 16, 2005
West Texas
Who's getting it? And in what format?

I am! My kids will play it...I just want to listen too it.

We have a PS3 and an Xbox 360 in the house, so I'm not sure which format we'll get...but, oh yeah, we're getting it!

I'll be getting it for Xbox360, along with Guitar Hero 5. I think this game will be very good for the older crowd as a party game as pretty much anyone over 40 will know a good number of the songs and won't be afraid to grab the microphone (after some alcohol.) I'll either get it at Gamestop or do a Gamefly rent & Keep.

Not getting it. Not a fan of the Beatles at all!

I agree. I guess a number of people will buy any new RB/GH game, and I know there are tons of Beatles fans out there, but here's the thing, I'm 35, and could care less about the Beatles. Will this really be a strong seller considering the majority of RB/GH players are late teens to early 20's? I guess time will tell.

I agree. I guess a number of people will buy any new RB/GH game, and I know there are tons of Beatles fans out there, but here's the thing, I'm 35, and could care less about the Beatles. Will this really be a strong seller considering the majority of RB/GH players are late teens to early 20's? I guess time will tell.
Well the Beatles have the most potential for being a cross-generation band. It's not like the other expansion packs/band specific offerings like Van Halen, Metallica, AC/DC, etc, where mainly a younger audience will appreciate them most. I think the Beatles have a good mix of fans in terms of generations, and while the main consumer base (teens to 20-somethings) will enjoy it, so will the older generation who actually grew up with them. Beatles Rock Band will likely be a bigger hit for the casual gaming audience, as most people in the older demographic will quickly find a song they know, unlike with GH/RB where you have to SEARCH to find a song that someone over 50 will be confident enough to sing with..

Already pre-ordered it, now I'm just trying to decide if I want to get the RB2 bundle (selling now for $99) to get the drum set. I have SingStar mics and 2 GH Les Pauls, but never had a need for drums before.... I have a few things I could trade for this, and $99 is pretty darn good for that whole bundle (the drums by themselves are $89).

Already pre-ordered it, now I'm just trying to decide if I want to get the RB2 bundle (selling now for $99) to get the drum set. I have SingStar mics and 2 GH Les Pauls, but never had a need for drums before.... I have a few things I could trade for this, and $99 is pretty darn good for that whole bundle (the drums by themselves are $89).

You may be better off getting a Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit. They sell them for 360 and PS3 for the same price, and I can say that the overall the GH drums are much better than the RB ones. Yes, they're set up slightly differently, but it's not a long adjustment period and the don't make as much noise, and they work better with the GH games.

You may be better off getting a Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit. They sell them for 360 and PS3 for the same price, and I can say that the overall the GH drums are much better than the RB ones. Yes, they're set up slightly differently, but it's not a long adjustment period and the don't make as much noise, and they work better with the GH games.

I actually found some used RB drums on eBay for $25 - they seem to be from a reputable seller (one of eBay's charity listings) and have a 30-day warranty, so it's worth a try.... I don't think I'm up for paying $99 at this point, let alone the $160 or whatever the GH set goes for, and from what I've seen RB has better music available, anyway.

Speaking of that, here's a question, if anyone knows... are RB songs good across different games? Specifically, if RB: Beatles is the only game I have, will I be able to download and play RB2 content, or only that released specifically for the Beatles game?

EDIT: Never mind, think I found the answer, which is no, unfortunately...

Last edited:
I actually found some used RB drums on eBay for $25 - they seem to be from a reputable seller (one of eBay's charity listings) and have a 30-day warranty, so it's worth a try.... I don't think I'm up for paying $99 at this point, let alone the $160 or whatever the GH set goes for, and from what I've seen RB has better music available, anyway.

Speaking of that, here's a question, if anyone knows... are RB songs good across different games? Specifically, if RB: Beatles is the only game I have, will I be able to download and play RB2 content, or only that released specifically for the Beatles game?
This may be a personal preference, but in my opinion the RB 1 drums suck. They're set up awkwardly (having the cymbals on the far side isn't fun given how often you have to hit them) and they make a LOT of noise.
They literally can drown out the music from the game. They're also not exactly "portable" either.

You may be better off getting the portable kit from Mad Catz:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001B19BIO"]Amazon.com: Xbox 360 Rock Band Portable Drum Kit: Video Games@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Ibka7sMlL.@@AMEPARAM@@41Ibka7sMlL[/ame]

Also, the entire band kit for Guitar Hero World Tour is $99, not $160.

GuitarHeroStore.com - Buy Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (Game + Mic + Guitar + Drum) - PS3
GuitarHeroStore.com - Buy Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (Game+Mic+Guitar+Drum) - Xbox 360

Still, if you're hard set on getting Rock Band equipment, you can get RB 1 + 2 + Band Kit (RB 1 version equipment) for $79 here:
https://www.rockband79.com/

And no, Rock Band Beatles is NOT compatible with other Rock Band stuff. You can't play Rock Band Beatles stuff on Rock Band 1 or 2 and vice versa. DLC is not compatible either.

I'm not trying to hate. I'm just wondering how much longer is they going to milk this title. I guess it going to be like the tony hawk series.

Picking up my copy this morning. At first I was so happy because as a result of a series of events I would have to work from home today, but sadly I actually have work that needs to get done. By law I'll have to play a few tunes before I delve into stuff that I actually get PAID to do...

Kids are always looking for new songs so I'm betting some kids will beg their parents to get this one. Then they will quickly find out there's no hard rock music on it that is a blast to play on hard and expert mode. My kid was looking at the videos on the dashboard but quickly told me he does not want it, and will prefer just to download some songs.

My wife and I played this for a while last night, and once we got the calibration right, we had a lot of fun...

My pre-order code from GS doesn't work, but from some Google searches it looks like a fairly common problem, and may have something to do with the fact that there's nothing out there to download yet. I'll call them to today, though, just to be sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)