Wii this setup work for Shaw?

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
I was wondering if some of you here could tell me if this setup will work for Shaw. I plan to hook up a 630, a 600, and a 605.
I will be using two dishes with a dual output standard Ku LNBF on each dish ( I live too far south to get Anik G1, so I'm not bothering with it.)
Can I just run two wires from each dish ( total of 4) and hook these four wires to a multi switch ( I have a WB68, will it work?)
I am assuming that I hook the two cables from the 107.3W dish to the two non 22khz switched ports on the multi switch and the 111W dish to the 22khz side.
For the 630, since it has two tuners, do I need two cables running from the multi switch to it or will one cable feed two tuners?
I will appreciate any assistance.

Thanks

I have decided to try and get both satellites on a 1.2m dish, as the misses, wishes to keep the number of dishes in the yard to a minimum. I have a 1.2m GeoSatPro dish. I have ordered this dual LNB holder from SatelliteAV, I think it should work since it is built for 4 degree spacing. I am assuming that since 107W is to the east of 111W that I need to put the 107W LNBF on the left hand side (when you are behind the dish) and the 111W LNBF on the right hand side. I am thinking that the 111W LNBF will need to be down a little bit from the 107W is that correct? I have a SuperBuddy coming, I hope that that will help me to be able to find these satellites easy.

I have decided to try and get both satellites on a 1.2m dish, as the misses, wishes to keep the number of dishes in the yard to a minimum. I have a 1.2m GeoSatPro dish. I have ordered this dual LNB holder from SatelliteAV, I think it should work since it is built for 4 degree spacing. I am assuming that since 107W is to the east of 111W that I need to put the 107W LNBF on the left hand side (when you are behind the dish) and the 111W LNBF on the right hand side. I am thinking that the 111W LNBF will need to be down a little bit from the 107W is that correct? I have a SuperBuddy coming, I hope that that will help me to be able to find these satellites easy.

When using 2 lnbs in one dish, and pointing your main or center lnb to one sat, think of the other lnb as a mirror,
Say if you point the main lnb to 111w then 107 will be to the east, so the lnb will be to the west of the main lnb.
As for elevation also the opposite, say your main lnb pointed at 111 and 107 is at a higher elevation, then the second lnb goes lower, if I remember correctly.

For a short time I had both sats on a 1.8m dish, and it sounded more confusing when I tried to use righ and left concepts, I had the dish with main lnb pointed at 111 then 107 was to the east, so with the multi bracket holder I positioned the second lnb to the west of the main lnb,
Then 107 for me is at higher elev than 111 so I think I put the second lnb slightly lower than the main one.

Anyway, in my final setup I have one dish for each bird, so I hope my memory serves me right about the elevation issue.

Last edited:
So, when I am setting up the dish, I need to point first for 111W and have 107W to the right of the 111 LNB when standing behind the dish? My SuperBuddy hasn't arrived yet so I am not going to try anything till I get it here.

So, when I am setting up the dish, I need to point first for 111W and have 107W to the right of the 111 LNB when standing behind the dish? My SuperBuddy hasn't arrived yet so I am not going to try anything till I get it here.

If you point the dish to 111w, let´s call that your main lnb, then the 107w sat will be to the east, so you would have to place the second lnb to the west which would be your right hand when you stand behind your dish. There comes the mirror concept, as the signal will be reflected opposite.

Ok, thanks a lot. I get it now. I will find 111W and then peak for the best signal that I can achieve in between the two with the 107W LNB to the west of the 111W LNB.

The 4 degree dual bracket that you referenced is designed for the 90cm dish and will not provide 4 degree spacing on the 1.2m. You will need to use an adjustable offset bracket.

I found that out after the fact. I'll just use two dishes. I already ordered the bracket for the 90cm, and I am not paying $14.50 for shipping again. I suppose it's not the first $20 I have threw away, but I am not putting good money after bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts