wiil a thule roof box interfere with attenna ??

snobo26

Original poster
Dec 29, 2004
will a thule roof box interfere with attenna ??

Hi
I have a thule Roof box on my SUV that i use for my snowboard.
I got XM for Christmas. Will the Box cause bad reception for XM ?? If so what can i do as a work around?

Thanks for your help

snobo

Find a spot in between the runners on your Thule towards the rear. Remember the equipment that you will be carrying and try not to cover the antenna.

We have a Subaru Outback and also use a Thule box. I mounted the antenna at the very back of the roof. We have no problems with rectption. Just be sure that you dont block the antenna with the box..... bad reception was experienced in this situation. I just moved the antenna and I got much better sound.

can i post pics on this form to show how my car looks with the box?

when you say not to block the antenna do you my the top or any of the sides?
cause my thule is just about the full length of my car.
Again thanks so much for the help

snobo

ANY object between the antenna and the satellite will degrade the signal to some degree. Different substances will have different levels of effect.

There is no "correct" answer to whether it will provide "bad" reception. It might, it might not. Depends on which way your car is pointing at the moment, what you have loaded into the box, etc., etc., etc.

Make sure the antenna is as far away from the box as possible. Otherwise, you just have to live with it.

One other thought - you don't leave the roof box on all the time, do you? Hopefully, you remove it for normal use, and only have it on for trips.

Guys,

Look....a Satellite antenna works like other antennas it needs to be in the clear and not under, near or around metal that might interrupt the signal.

Otherwise it will work anywhere you place it. They (sat. antennas) will even work inside the vehicle if it has an unobstructed view towards the sky/satellite.

This ain't Rocket Science....

:yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts