Will 2010 be the year we get full time HD RSNS?

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
So do you think this year will be the year that we get HD RSNS in full time? I would start with NYC, Chicago, LA, and then go with the ones that cover the most area in the country to start. Top ten RSN's would make most people happy until bandwidth can become available in the next 6 months.

Unless there is a Rockets or Astros game on, I never watch FS Houston. So I see no need to make the channel full time HD. I'm pretty sure same thing goes for most others around the country in other regions.

I believe they will add the top 7-8 RSNs (by subs probably) to relieve the pressure. They will probably be different full time ones on EA vs WA depending on the most subs on each arc, one transponder each arc for 7-8 RSNs. This would let them juggle the rest without having to bump some events when all the TPs are full.

Perhaps a better question would be, "Will 2010 be the year Dish shows all HD RSN events in HD?"

I, for one, could care less if my RSN goes 24x7 HD. I would just like to see all HD RSN games actually shown in HD.

How about offering subscribers in NY MSG HD and MSG+ HD. As was suggested in another reply just carry all game feeds in HD and bag the Full Time RSN's in HD.

John

FSN South and SportSouth are both available HD full-time now on Comcast and D* (with sidebars rather than blank space when SD content is on) and are starting to have a fair bit of HD. It sure would make my guide a lot messier without all the duplicate SD full time and HD game feed channels (anyone with the multi-sports pack knows what I'm talking about).

no they wont

as posted above, other than ballgames what else is in HD? Very little

Youve never seen Comcast sports net Chicago. There are allot of locally produced programs in HD now. It seems like the FSN branded channels only show game time HD, Anything owned by comcast or SNY, MSG, STO, has lots of full time hd on it! If it has the fox brand on it, then I wouldn't expect much.

I also agree w/DB2. show it the way it was intended! I don't mind game only HD but BE CONSISTENT DISH! It's the no.1 thing the frustrates me w/Dish-NO CONSISTENCY! I have NESN and CSNNE. Every NESN produced show is HD. Comcast owned CSNNE is only Game HD and NOTHING ELSE contrary to an earlier post. I also have RCN cable and it's a pleasure to turn on NESN and have it always in HD. Paul

It's funny. Chuckie mention carrying fulltime HD RSN almost 2 years ago on one of his chats. Not even a peep from Dish since.

The reason I think they will do some in HD 24x7 is that they will be forced to do so to keep up with all the HD games in the future. Having the biggest ones always HD relieve the pressure on the part time ones. Right now they have to bump games because of capacity issues. If they had some 24x7 the rest could share until they get more satellite capacity.

The reason I think they will do some in HD 24x7 is that they will be forced to do so to keep up with all the HD games in the future. Having the biggest ones always HD relieve the pressure on the part time ones. Right now they have to bump games because of capacity issues. If they had some 24x7 the rest could share until they get more satellite capacity.

What you're saying makes total sense but Dish could very well have made those changes last year and they didn't.

At the beginning of the MLB season last year we thought they might switch some to 24/7 or at least dedicate more TP space to the HD RSN's since so many more baseball games were going to be HD. Nope, they didn't. They just broadcasted more in SD.

This year I would expect almost all MLB games to be broadcast in HD so we'll see if Dish chooses more 24/7, more TP space or more SD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts