Will 3lnb dish receive local hd channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

blake9827

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2005
Hey all! I spoke with Directv a while back and they said I would not need the new 5lnb dish to receive local HD channels so I thought about it for a while then finally had it installed today and I cant seem to get local channels in HD. One of the main reasons I went with D* is to get local HD so it kinda sucks that i dont. Unfortunately I can't get the new dish since I live in an Apartment and its just not gonna happen with the limited space and all. I have the H20 receiver and all that stuff. So basicly my question is that am i screwed as far as getting local channels without the 5lnb dish?

what is your city and zip. and who installed it?? he should have showed you a local, a total choice and a hd .. oh , i get it, locals in hd on a phase 3.......nope!

1. LIL digital/HD channels delivered/retransmitted by DirecTV will require the AT9 dish and a MPEG4 HD receiver when your area is served.

2. Local affiliate digital/HD can be received by current DirecTV HD receivers via OTA tuner and the proper antenna setup.

It would help a great deal if you told us your full current setup details and location. Being in an apartment can be a hindrance, but not an exclusion. You will need to talk to a well qualified installer. Maybe call Robert at ValueElectronics.com

Last edited:
Stevenson Ranch LA County area? You are in the LA DMA so you should get 81-CBS, 83-NBC, 87-ABC, and 89-FOX as your local network HD right now with your current dish.

Those extra non-major networks might be added down the road (maybe KTLA-WB and KCOP-UPN, but not sure how that will shake out) but I will bet THOSE extras will be if and when the LA market moves to MPEG4. You did not need an H20 to get your current locals in HD.

You are also 32 miles from ALL the LA area towers so you should be able to get some OTA reception.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)