will 411 work with legacy dish?

shelly

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 19, 2003
My older system uses 2 dishes pointed at 61.5 and 110/119 combined with SW-21 switch to my 6000 receiver.

I currently subscribe to only the HD package + Voom channels.

If I get the 411 (or 211), will I have to upgrade any of my other equipment (lnb and switches)?

Shelly

Thanks. Can I assume that the picture quality will greatly increase using the hdmi output of the 411 as opposed to the washed out picture I get from the component outputs of my 6000?

Shelly

Some people see a difference. Mostly people with LCD,Plasmas,DLP's, and other fixed pixel tv's are the ones that might see a slight difference. People with RPTV's probably won't see a difference.

BrettTRay said:
Some people see a difference. Mostly people with LCD,Plasmas,DLP's, and other fixed pixel tv's are the ones that might see a slight difference. People with RPTV's probably won't see a difference.

I'm using a Sanyo Z4 720p lcd pj.

My concern is that the 6000 has a very waashed out picture and I am considering dropping Dish because of this unless I can improve the picture quality.

I suspect that the newer technology pf the 412 would have as much to do with improving the picture as using the digital video output.

Shelly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts