Will 512 Work With Both IR and UHF Pro Remotes At The Same Time?

I'm trying to do this but I'm hung on changing the Primary Remote Address. I'm currently at "4" and I can select the field but none of the numeric keys or left/right keys will change the value to "1". The up/down keys of course take me in/out of the PRA field on either the IR or IR/RF remotes. The install tech did everything and the only manual I have is the Quick Start.

How do I change the Primary Remote Address?

Do the UHF remote FIRST.

First press the system info button on the receiver. Then............

1. Press & hold the SAT button until all the mode buttons light up.

2. Press the #1 button (to change address to "1").

3. Press the # button. If # is entered correctly the SAT button will flash 3 times.

4. Press the RECORD (Red) button. Make sure the address now shows "1" on the screen.

5. Press SELECT to exit.

Good luck!

Ed

Assuming it's the same as a 622/722/722K.

[Do the UHF remote FIRST.

First press the system info button on the receiver. Then............

1. Press & hold the SAT button until all the mode buttons light up.

2. Press the #1 button (to change address to "1").

3. Press the # button. If # is entered correctly the SAT button will flash 3 times.

4. Press the RECORD (Red) button. Make sure the address now shows "1" on the screen.

5. Press SELECT to exit.
This works to reset the PRA to "1". However, I'm not able to get the UHF remote to work in UHF mode, only IR mode. I've been putting my finger over the IR lenses, because the IR is so powerful it'll bounce off my 20-foot ceilings.

Here's is what I see on the System Info screen:

Primary Remote Address "1", Green TV icon with 1 inside, IR

I interpret IR to be IR only, should/does this ever say UHF or IR/UHF?

BTW, 6-1-6 is set to Enable, also my UHF is a black 6.4 IR/UHF Pro

Thanks

Great so now that your have the primary corrected to 1, you will need to go to the 6-1-6 screen. There is a System Info tab, select on that tab. In this System Info Screen, get the highlight on the remote address and then using the UHF remote do the addressing of this remote just like you did the TV1. Use the #1 and this will allow the UHF remote to program to the receiver.

Same problem, same remote, same receiver. I also have the remote that came with the 508 receiver. Both worked fine with the 508 (IR and UHF) but neither will work in UHF mode with the replacement 512 receiver I just got. Nor will the 5.4 remote that came with the replacement but it may not be UHF. Called Dish and they are going to send me a new remote but of course that will not help as the 2 old IR/UHF remotes worked with the 508 as late as yesterday and are fine. I think Dish just sent out another defective reconditioned receiver (seems to be their thing) as a replacement, but am open to suggestions. Again my settings are as recommended above - 1 shows in both sys. inf. menus, UHF is enabled and the antenna (from the 508) is attached to the back of the receiver (took it off and reattached it but no help of course). I even blocked the IR imput on the 512 and pointed a remote at the antenna from a foot away. Nothing. Thanks.

BTW, Hermit did it work for you. You never said.

OK, ignore all the (mostly) bull**** you get from Dish and these online forms. A waste of time. I finally found a remote manual for the 6.4 online online. Installed the green 1 UHF key as suggested for the 522. , went into sys inf using the button on the receiver. Pointed the remote at the receiver and pushed record. It now finally works in UHF mode with my new (reconditioned) replacement 512 :)

My IR number is 9 but it had already been put there by me (had worked with the 508) while I was playing with trying 1 and others based on all the information here, elsewhere and from calls to Dish. That number did not change for me - it might if yours currently has some other number. Of course it goes without saying, you need to enable UHF in the receiver setup and attach an antenna. Good luck

My Dish platinum remote that came with the 508 and worked fine there still will not work in UHF mode. Might try the same thing with it, but think I will quit while ahead and just use it as a backup IR remote. Do not want to create any other problems

Hopefully the 6.4 will continue to work.

Same problem, same remote, same receiver. I also have the remote that came with the 508 receiver. Both worked fine with the 508 (IR and UHF) but neither will work in UHF mode with the replacement 512 receiver I just got. Nor will the 5.4 remote that came with the replacement but it may not be UHF. Called Dish and they are going to send me a new remote but of course that will not help as the 2 old IR/UHF remotes worked with the 508 as late as yesterday and are fine. I think Dish just sent out another defective reconditioned receiver (seems to be their thing) as a replacement, but am open to suggestions. Again my settings are as recommended above - 1 shows in both sys. inf. menus, UHF is enabled and the antenna (from the 508) is attached to the back of the receiver (took it off and reattached it but no help of course). I even blocked the IR imput on the 512 and pointed a remote at the antenna from a foot away. Nothing. Thanks.

BTW, Hermit did it work for you. You never said.

One thing to remember is that the 512 uses the UHF Pro RF system rather than the original RF standard they used. The original platinum remote for your 508 will work for IR but not UHF. You need one of the ones marked UHF Pro for it to work by RF. The only way I could seem to get mine to work on both UHF and IR was to put it on code #1. On any of the others, it was either/or.

FWIW, I finally tried to get the platinum remote that came with the 508 to work with the 512 anyway - using the method above. It changed the code to 11 in sys inf but as expected did not work in UHF although thankfully the 6.4 continued to work in both modes.. I just checked sys inf to get the software version and noticed the code is now showing as 1. Whatever. Again use the remote's manual not the one for the 512. The latter is incorrect here and a number of other places.

It won't matter how much you try to make it work, the 508 remote will never control the 512 via UHF. They use different frequencies. At best the 508 remote will serve as a backup IR remote.

Ok, I confess I have not read ALL of the posts in this thread, but did read the first page. I just got a new 512 and I AM able to use either the IR or UHF remote (that came with my 625). I am able to use IR then UHF, then IR ... Etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts