Will a long hdmi cable with equalizer work on 722?

DefDude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2005
N.W. Florida
I need to run a hdmi cable from my 722 to another hd tv. I found this one at a good price but I was unsure if this would do the job without a lot of signal loss. On another post I read it would either work or not instead of losing a little bit of signal.http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10240&cs_id=1024006&p_id=2803&seq=1&format=2 100FT HDMI to HDMI 26AWG CL2 Rated Cable w/ built-in Equalizer (Gold Plated Connectors). I was told by mono price that this would work, anybody know for sure? thanks

I'd trust monoprice as they have a good rep here on the site, at the worst if it doesnt work you can either return the cable or get the equalizer. You could also consider moving the receiver to a middle ground location and going with a 50ft cable for both.

I've used a 100 ft HDMI run with no problem at all (no booster). Also used a 75 foot cable with no problem.

I got this cable yesterday and it works great, It is very heavy and a lot bigger that the rg6 about 3/8 wide and I had to use a 1" paddle bit to make holes in wall and attic for plugs but no problem going 100 feet. I went with the 22awg no equalizer from link for about $104 for 1. thanks all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts