Will a Maxtor HD work?

smjbh5

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 3, 2007
SF Bay Area
I have one of those Maxtor One Touch HD. It's 320GB. Can I use it with the DVR or do I need something else? I not sure if it's designed to be on all the time and about about the auto back software it came with?

Is anyone else using one of these?

I don't want to spend more money if I have to.

I have several of them and they work fine...

Do I need to do anything to the HD before hooking it up or anything. Right now I'm using it for pictures and other random things. I know if have to move all that, but should I do anything else?

Move anything you want off of the drive as your Dvr will re-format it... you will have to call Dish for the one time activation fee if you haven't already... then hook the drive up push the Dvr button and go to my media(push)and it will go from there...

With the 622/722, I would turn it off when not using it, to save the drive.

The only time the drive is accessed is when programs are being archived or when you play a program off of it, unlike the 211 which is constantly buffering to the EHD.

I have a Maxtor one touch HD it has worked fine since I activated it. I had it activated the first day it was available. I wouldn't or don't leave my hard drive on all the time. The only time i have mine on is when I'm tranfering or watching an archived program. Like any moving part in time they will wear out. So the less often it's left on, the more life you'll get out of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts