Will All DISH HD programming be available on 61.5 soon?

Arse69

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Once the Eastern is launched 8-20. Customers will be able to get all HD on either 72.7 or 61.5. Right now customers are getting some of HD on 110 satellite(TNT, HD Net , ESPN, HBO, Showtime, USA Sci-fi. I got a dish set up at 61.5 only. I get 90% of HD, but I'm hoping to get all those other channels currently on 110, which I can't get because of LOS issues. After Aug20th will all HD be available on 61.5 or 61.5 + 72.7?

It won't 110 is for Western Arc.. and 110 is supposed to (or so I am hearing... aka a rumor) get a bunch of new HD in September. :)

Is G3 smart cart available on all new Mpeg4 products (211K, 612, 222, 622.722etc.?

Will 2 dish 500s work, one pointed at 61.5 the other at 72.7 with Dp 34 switch or a Dish Pro Plus twin and a dish pro dual?

Do the new G3 smart cards implement Nagra3? Will this just be on 72.7 bird? I am assuming 61.5 will not be using Nagra3, at least for the time being?
I am sure two Dish 500 will work fine, but don't forget you will also need one for 77 in the future.

Will Dish issue new G3 smarts cards for new activations, or are they embedded in all new mpeg4 receivers?

Will Dish issue new G3 smarts cards for new activations, or are they embedded in all new mpeg4 receivers?

They've been built-in to new receivers for the past couple of months now, look for a circle with an A in it on the receiver.

It won't 110 is for Western Arc.. and 110 is supposed to (or so I am hearing... aka a rumor) get a bunch of new HD in September. :)

So we in the West will get HD programming others wont have?? or do you mean HD Locals and nothing more on HD National??

Had My hopes up--gosh I thought we on the west cost was special:(

Everything is supposed to be on the new security by the end of the year. First cards are going out in the next week or so.

I thought I read in the earnings transcript that the effect of the new cards would start to be seen at the end of the year but they may only have completed changeout of certain "market segments" by that time.

So, what about Puerto Rico? Is PR going to be Western Arc? Our spotbeam is in 110, right? I don't know if we get 129 down here, we need a 6' dish for 61.5 and I think not all transponders are visible.

I have 2 dishes (119/110) and a 722 and all I'm waiting is for some info about HD and PR to see what I'm going to do. I hope Dish does something *soon* (I hate that word).

They've been built-in to new receivers for the past couple of months now, look for a circle with an A in it on the receiver.

Where is this circle with an A at. I got a new 211 to replace my 811 about two weeks ago and it has no circle A or a smartcard inserted in it.

smokey982: So if my current setup has a dish 500 (110,119) and also a another dish at 61.5, then I have no reason to ever change my current setup?? Is this correct??

That is what I have been wondering as well; any one know anything?

So if my current setup has a dish 500 (110,119) and also a another dish at 61.5, then I have no reason to ever change my current setup?? Is this correct??
Assuming you are now or will be getting HD locals off 61.5, and trees or other obstacles never block 119/110, then you have only one reason to switch to the EA dish at this time: it's a single dish solution.

So since I live in Northern Kentucky will I have to get a new dish or re-point my dish to get HD programming now after 8/20 ? I have the Every thing pack with all HD programing. I am currently at 110 - 119 and 61.5. With 2 dishes and 2 Vip 622's? Is Dish goig to force every one to switch over and re-point the sat dish to new loactions? I guess it would be like direct Tv done to every one when they launched new HD and satellites. Every one had to switch to one of the 2 different types of dishes to get all the programming. the slimline and the other dish, can not remeber the type of dish.

I thought I read in the earnings transcript that the effect of the new cards would start to be seen at the end of the year but they may only have completed changeout of certain "market segments" by that time.

The best market segments to do this for would be the eastern arc markets ;-)

Cheers,

Is G3 smart cart available on all new Mpeg4 products (211K, 612, 222, 622.722etc.?

Will 2 dish 500s work, one pointed at 61.5 the other at 72.7 with Dp 34 switch or a Dish Pro Plus twin and a dish pro dual?

Of course. Any way you can get the 3 satellites will work. All the receiver cares is that all 3 satellites are shown in the matrix.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts