Will All DISH HD programming be available on 61.5 soon?

Can you call and request new G3 cards if you are going to put up you own dish and are in 1 of the 20 Launch Markets ?

I am confused by the DishTURBO standalone package for some reason.

Here is what I am trying to do:

I currently have a Dish 500 pointing at 110/119. I am using it for the Dish NOW!/YA! prepaid service. It has, and uses, a Dish Legacy Twin LNB

I was planning, down the line, to "convert the Dish 500" into a dish that receives only 1 satellite.

I would do this by using an I-adapter(for one dual LNB), setting the skew to 0(since I would be looking for one bird only), and pointing it at 61.5 for the HD channels.

I live in NW Pennsylvania so I am guessing that 61.5 is what I would use(LOS not an issue for 110, 119, or 61.5) to get the bulk, if not ALL, the HD programming.

I would BUY either a 211 or 222 for my house.

I would do the entire setup myself considering I did it all before with the Dish Now system.

NO HD locals are neccesary, so it is not an issue. I get MORE HD locals using a outdoor antenna, with great signal strength, so getting them through Dish is pointless for me. And I can save $5 a month.

I would do it this way because I don't want any contracts with Dish. I want to be able to start and stop any time I want. I know I will have to give at least a Social Security #, and a Credit Card, but this is not a problem. I have the Dish Now setup because I want to have to deal with them as little as humanly possible, which is nice about Dish Now

I would probably go no higher than the HD Silver Turbo package, but that could change:

So my questions are:

1. Is the set-up I propose even capable of getting the Dish TurboHD packages? I have no problem waiting until the beginning of 2009 to do it. This is a work in progress anyway.

2. Will I need to get more than 1 satellite, or will all HD programming be found on 61.5? I thought all of it was there anyway. I thought that 61.5, or the "new" 72.1(or whatever it is), is all you would need. Depending on where you live.

3. Are your local sports network, if broadcasted in HD, available to these packages? Are they available on 61.5 or another? Fox Sports Pittsburgh HD, and Sportstime Ohio HD are the ones available to me at my location.

4. Will the Premium channels HD(HBO, Starz, Showtime, Cinemax) versions be available through this set-up(pointed at 1 satellite: either 61.5 or 72.1)? This is not a HUGE deal, but would be nice to maybe have down the line if I want.

Thanks in advance for your help.

If you have any suggestions on how to better accomplish what I am trying to do, please feel free to help me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts