Will be Going With Dish Soon

Vizio did a firmware upgrade last year on 2016 and 2017 4K models that added the some apps back to the TV so you didn't have to use the tablet remote. I have a 2016 P75-C1 that works just fine. Of course it doesn't have a tuner but my plan is to add an external ATSC3 tuner when it comes into existence.

I’m so glad they did that. They found out most customers didn’t like those changes. That why I refused to buy a Vizio because of those stupid changes

Reactions: charlesrshell
If the Dish was the size of a pie pan it was not a satellite Dish.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

It was a satellite dish. Looks k d just like mine but smaller. It went with the Wally which they brought

It was a satellite dish. Looks k d just like mine but smaller. It went with the Wally which they brought
The dish they will install will, or should, look like this, it is about 30" at the wide part:

DISH1000.2_zoom.jpg

The dish they will install will, or should, look like this, it is about 30" at the wide part:

View attachment 132419

That looked like the one they brought but smaller than the Dish I have. They brought the Wally too and when they told me I would have to have another cable run I told them to cancel. This is a duplex apartment and the way into the attic has to be in my neighbors apartment because there is not a way in my apartment. I don’t know how kindly my neighbor would take someone going into his apartment to the attic. This is why I want to be able to use the cable that’s already here

That looked like the one they brought but smaller than the Dish I have. They brought the Wally too and when they told me I would have to have another cable run I told them to cancel. This is a duplex apartment and the way into the attic has to be in my neighbors apartment because there is not a way in my apartment. I don’t know how kindly my neighbor would take someone going into his apartment to the attic. This is why I want to be able to use the cable that’s already here

The one they brought was white not black

I have both Dish and Directv cable in my house. The people who lived here before me had Dish and then I got Directv , so both cables are here . Run through the attic down into the coat closet in the living room. All cable was here when I moved here. Directv just hooked me up by using the cable here. The satellite dish that Dish brought was smaller than the regular size satellite dish from Directv. My satellite dish is the same size as all my neighbors , just a regular size Dish , but the satellite dish brought by Dish Network was hardly bigger than the size of a pie pan . No kidding either No I would not have it .
Direct's Dishes are larger than Dish Networks, so it's not that one has a "regular" size and one has a "smaller" size. Sounds like the cable you have in place will work just fine. Some companies do carry and allow adapters to use the DTV mast for a Dish Network Dish

Reactions: Jillian2
Direct's Dishes are larger than Dish Networks, so it's not that one has a "regular" size and one has a "smaller" size. Sounds like the cable you have in place will work just fine. Some companies do carry and allow adapters to use the DTV mast for a Dish Network Dish

Thank you. I sure hope they can use the cable that is here

My Dish installer reused a significant amount of DirecTV RG6 when I got my Hopper3 installed. I expect you'll be fine on that front.

I’m concerned because once before when brought the Wally the guy said he would have to install more cable.

You obviously haven’t read her previous posts. The coax goes through her duplex attic and the access in in the neighboring unit.

I did I was thinking it would be run new without going through another unit. Maybe not possible? It has the sound of it being the easier way for that installer but there is another way to do it.

In the end does that really matter? I'd be happy if they replaced with all new....
This is a duplex apartment and the attic is in my neighbors apartment. They would have to go over to his apartment to use the attic. He probably wouldn’t mind if he was home , but it’s very possible that he won’t be home. Having to use his attic is my concern

As long as there are no splitters over there, it should be fine. I think i posted that I've used better quality, pre-run RG59 with no issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts