Will Blockbuster stream to my Blu-Ray?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

xrae

Original poster
Mar 17, 2006
East Tenn.
Our Dish account is bundled via CenturyLink AND we have a 612 receiver, so no Blockbuster Movie Pass for us just yet.

However, we have a Blu-Ray DVD player that will stream Netflix (just canceled) and also Blockbuster, which we've never subscribed to. Once we get our Blockbuster package going through Dish, can we stream via the DVD player's Blockbuster option instead of via the receiver? Or if we go ahead now and buy a separate Blockbuster package until the Dish technical issues are settled, will that stream to the DVD player? I miss my Netflix, but I'm NOT going back.

Thanks!

That BB app on your BR player is only for BB's pay per view movies.

With regards to streaming, BB is not equivalent to Netflix in any sort of way. BB is a pay per view online streaming service (and that online service has nothing to do with the Dish Network BBMP). Some, including myself, thought that BB Online was like Netflix, but it isn't. The only parallel with Netflix and BB is ordering Discs in the mail.

I don't think that it's out of picture yet. I believe that Dish will work on getting better content available as part of that $10 package. It sounds that way to me at least.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts