DishOnline and BlockBuster Pass

elgordo123

Original poster
Feb 4, 2010
southern cal
I just signed up for DishOnline and the Blockbuster Pass.
So far I'm not impressed with Dishonline. The website to find movies is pretty bad, but since it's new I'll let that slide. The only movies it lets you watch online are the ones that you already have Dish subscriptions for. (If you have stars you can only get those, but if you dont have HBO you can't get those). There are a few "general" movies, that are on EPIX, but there aren't any non pay channel movies available. -Maybe that will change, but I doubt it. So basically you are paying $10/mo to watch movies that you can already watch for free - but on demand.

As far as the Blockbuster pass, I have the $10 1 disc out at a time plan. I've been on the plan for 4 days and they have yet to send out a disc. I like the convenience and ability to take it to a blockbuster and return it for a new movie, but $10 a month is still too much.

I think waiting an extra 28 days and getting it thru redbox for $1 is still a better deal.

I'm going to keep it for a couple months to see if the DishOnline movies grows, but I doubt it will - they want you to pay for HBO, Showtime, etc. Also - if those movies aren't on HBO, Showtime, Stars, etc - you cant watch them online.

It's hardly a replacement for Redbox or Netflix.

..Just my 2 cents....

I just signed up for DishOnline and the Blockbuster Pass.
So far I'm not impressed with Dishonline. The website to find movies is pretty bad, but since it's new I'll let that slide. The only movies it lets you watch online are the ones that you already have Dish subscriptions for. (If you have stars you can only get those, but if you dont have HBO you can't get those). There are a few "general" movies, that are on EPIX, but there aren't any non pay channel movies available. -Maybe that will change, but I doubt it. So basically you are paying $10/mo to watch movies that you can already watch for free - but on demand.

As far as the Blockbuster pass, I have the $10 1 disc out at a time plan. I've been on the plan for 4 days and they have yet to send out a disc. I like the convenience and ability to take it to a blockbuster and return it for a new movie, but $10 a month is still too much.

I think waiting an extra 28 days and getting it thru redbox for $1 is still a better deal.

I'm going to keep it for a couple months to see if the DishOnline movies grows, but I doubt it will - they want you to pay for HBO, Showtime, etc. Also - if those movies aren't on HBO, Showtime, Stars, etc - you cant watch them online.

It's hardly a replacement for Redbox or Netflix.

..Just my 2 cents....
You do realize that the BBMP gives you Epix, Retro, SMC, as well as a number of other channels, right? This whole one disc at a time is on top of those channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)