Will D* add any more SD LILs?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RxMan1

Original poster
Jun 1, 2005
I live near Amarillo, TX. Currently, D* does not offer their locals. Is there any chance that they could be added in the future? Dish carries Amarillo now. Not sure why D* chose not to. I am hoping that they might squeeze a few more locals onto the new sats besides all of the HD locals.

RxMan1 said:
I live near Amarillo, TX. Currently, D* does not offer their locals. Is there any chance that they could be added in the future? Dish carries Amarillo now. Not sure why D* chose not to. I am hoping that they might squeeze a few more locals onto the new sats besides all of the HD locals.

DirecTV has stated that the SpaceWay satellites will not only allow them to expand their HD programming, but also to expand their SD-LIL offerings. However...

At this time, they have not gone into detail as to how it will do that. I don't know if they intend to use the SpaceWay satellites to offer some SD-LIL, or if the use of the SpaceWay and DirecTV-10 and DirecTV-11 (launching either late 4Q '06, or 1Q '07) will allow DirecTV to clear off the HD channels off of 101, 110, and 119 thereby allowing DirecTV to offer more SD-LIL.

There is also the possibility that DirecTV could use DirecTV 9s to offer more SD-LIL, though most of that bandwith will probably go for moving the SD-LIL off of 72.5 and onto 101.

As someone who is also currently not served with SD-LIL by DirecTV, I've been trying to gain some idea of when/if DirecTV plans to add more SD-LIL, but besides the comments about SD-LIL in press releases about the SpaceWay satellites, I've heard nothing else from them.

~Alan

Plywodstatebum said:
When D* provides locals, what ones are they? ABC, CBS, NBC & Fox

Depends on which market you are in. Typically, you should get those, PBS, and, in most cases WB and UPN (if they are available). If WB is not available in your market, you get San Diego(Pacific/Mountain) or Miami(Central/Eastern).

I am not sure what happens if one of the nets you mentioned above are missing. Seems that DirecTV has so far only added markets where all of the big 4 are included.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)