Will D* Have Any New Channels In March?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Harrelson 69

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2005
It's that time again to ask that same old question! Called D* last week and asked, of course they had no info. With the price increase in all the packages come March you would think they would add some channels to keep the natives from getting restless!

There's not much in this world we can count on, but we can definitely count on
Harrelson 69 asking when new channels are coming. You can almost set your clocks to this guy. There should be a prize every month for the first person to spot him asking about new channels.

Sorry to give you a hard time dude...LOL ;)

shugo77 said:
There's not much in this world we can count on, but we can definitely count on
Harrelson 69 asking when new channels are coming. You can almost set your clocks to this guy. There should be a prize every month for the first person to spot him asking about new channels.

Sorry to give you a hard time dude...LOL ;)

LOL :hungry: :devil: :D

No new channels

I talked to Customer Retention last week and they told me there will be no new channels added to the SD lineup this calendar year. The price increase is due to programming costs that have went up. Per FCC they must add religious channels for every channel that goes down like PBSU. They realize that 75% of the population blocks these channels out but their hand are tied by the FCC.

teknophyle said:
I talked to Customer Retention last week and they told me there will be no new channels added to the SD lineup this calendar year.

It has already been stated that DirecTV will add Sleuth this Spring.

teknophyle said:
I talked to Customer Retention last week and they told me ... Per FCC they must add religious channels for every channel that goes down like PBSU. They realize that 75% of the population blocks these channels out but their hand are tied by the FCC.

Religious channels? Not all "public interest" channels must be of a religious nature. IMO, that would violate the separation between church and state. Furthermore, Echostar (Dish Network) is not allowed to add any more religious channels due to their agreement with Sky Angel.

Dish recently did add an interesting "public interest" channel, however, called The Documentary Channel. http://www.documentarychannel.com/docchannel/

Beyond that one (which seems to have gotten some good reviews) DirecTV could consider adding Free Speech TV. http://www.freespeech.org/

I suppose it's possible DirecTV is adding religious channels due to customer demand. I would be interested to know which other networks have applied and were turned down, and what reasons they were given.

jegrant said:
Religious channels? Not all "public interest" channels must be of a religious nature. IMO, that would violate the separation between church and state. Furthermore, Echostar (Dish Network) is not allowed to add any more religious channels due to their agreement with Sky Angel.

Dish recently did add an interesting "public interest" channel, however, called The Documentary Channel. http://www.documentarychannel.com/docchannel/

Beyond that one (which seems to have gotten some good reviews) DirecTV could consider adding Free Speech TV. http://www.freespeech.org/

I suppose it's possible DirecTV is adding religious channels due to customer demand. I would be interested to know which other networks have applied and were turned down, and what reasons they were given.

I think you need to go back and read the 1st amendment to the constitution.

javahh said:
I think you need to go back and read the 1st amendment to the constitution.

I totally agree. It amazes me how many people state "separation of church and
state" but never bother to read the 1st Amendment.

Willis said:
I saw in the paper today Fox will be launching a new channel, in September.. It will be targeted at the youth market. It's going to be called My Network TV.
I wonder if D* will add this channel?
http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/feb2006/nf20060222_7792_db016.htm

most of My Network Tv channels will be from old UPN and WB stations that lost affiliation because of CW, so the channels just need to change the name with D* and they are on.

teknophyle said:
I talked to Customer Retention last week and they told me there will be no new channels added to the SD lineup this calendar year. The price increase is due to programming costs that have went up. Per FCC they must add religious channels for every channel that goes down like PBSU. They realize that 75% of the population blocks these channels out but their hand are tied by the FCC.

My Directv newsletter said BET Jazz is being added 3/1. Guess "customer retention" is wrong. Does anyone know anything about this channel?

BET Jazz

BET Jazz is a jazz music channel with programming that compliments this music. It is being relaunced as BET J on March 1st. D* will be adding it to the total choice plus package. I have been asking for this channel for over 2 Years!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts