Will Diplexor's or Mutiswitch cause 1 Station not to map?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kirkdj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2004
I have 1 station which should be 8.1 wvuedt out of New Orleans. I'm not sure why it won't map...if it's invoom's 8.15 channel messing me up because of their station #'s are so close......or if its the diplexors that were installed or multi-switch.....or just the poor wiring job........installer coming Thur. to hopefully correct the wiring and remove at least the diplexors........and change 1 box thats getting wrong channels on wrong stations (261 and 226)

I was wondering if other people had problems getting 1 station like this? If so, what did they do to correct it!
I've got the biggest antenna, pointed right, w/booster.....I get all the other ota stations.

If the channel isn't mapped, perhaps you should email VOOM (Wilt) and let them know? It could be they've missed a channel in your market, or for your particular zip code.

New Orleans may not be in your market as determined by Voom. Voom missed a subchannel on our Fox station, I notified them and they said they are working on it. That's been 2 weeks so I don't know how long it takes them to punch in a new channel.

Also no 8.1 not showing up

I'm in the San Diego region and also don't get 8.1 (that's the KFMBDT CBS station here). I get the 7 other OTA, which come in great. It makes me wonder if there is some correlation to our 8.1 stations?. Does anyone else from San Diego get 8.1???

My installer insisted that it's not the diplexer but the stealth antenna and insisted that I reschedule for a larger antenna. That was two weeks ago & I've scheduled for another install today & I'll let you know how it works out but I'm thinking it's not the antenna.

Not the Antenna, It's the Mapping

Bilodeaumj said:
I'm in the San Diego region and also don't get 8.1 (that's the KFMBDT CBS station here). I get the 7 other OTA, which come in great. It makes me wonder if there is some correlation to our 8.1 stations?. Does anyone else from San Diego get 8.1???

My installer insisted that it's not the diplexer but the stealth antenna and insisted that I reschedule for a larger antenna. That was two weeks ago & I've scheduled for another install today & I'll let you know how it works out but I'm thinking it's not the antenna.

I was thinking the same thing, but emailed Wilt today...another guy named Peter Rees responded and found out that my 8.1 was missing from my OTA mapping....it has been added and he said it should show up by the end of the week in my PG....and if not to email him back......so give him an email at PDREES@voom.com with info on missing channel, area code, etc....follow Sean's thread on this if you like too at http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=9741

But I still have an installer coming Thurs. to complete this wiring job the right way....going with separate lines, 2 to each box, getting rid of deplexors, and maybe the multi-switch too. I still get some channels that loose their signals all together now and then.....I do think that's the wiring! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)