Will Dish Advertise The Hopper During the Superbowl (1 Viewer)

Will Dish Advertise the New Hopper / joey Offering During Superbowl and Will That Advertising Includ

• Yes, Without Pricing

Votes: 23 27.7%
  • Yes, With Pricing

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • No

Votes: 57 68.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mike123abc

Too many cables
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
I would bet against a Dish Hopper Ad. The SuperBowl ad space sold out before Thanksgiving. And at a rate of $100k/second is probably more than Dish would want to spend, especially with DIRECTV being the big NFL player with season ticket.

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
DISH is way to cheap to advertise during the expensive Superbowl. Besides they will probably make a commercial where someone in a huge cowboy hat is hawking a hopper.... OH WAIT a minute. They already did that for the Blockbuster movie pass.:p

Slamminc11

Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 28, 2005
I voted no because I want to make sure I comment in every hopper thread I can and as I know some of you would be so disappointed if I had voted yes...

chiodo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 17, 2005
Pacific NW
Reasons I voted No.

1. Dish is way too cheap to spend big $$$ for Ad Space @Superbowl
2. In most cases you would only advertise something on TV, that is available now, not in a few weeks or months.
3. I may be wrong but I don't think Dish has ever advertised on a major TV network that is broadcasting the Superbowl.
4. The Hopper and Joey has received a lot of media attention during CES and online to satisfied current demand.
5. As mentioned in another post, Directv has commercials during NFL games, I doubt Directv is going to spend $$$ during the Superbowl.

stardust3

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2006
I voted no, besides even if they did I would never know. There is a zero chance of me watching the game because I have absolutely no interest in it.

sparc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 24, 2006
it's not even available yet, so i don't see a reason to make a commercial about something you can't even sell.

If there was some ability to at least preorder an installation, then i'd say yes.

I doubt customer service is even trained to answer questions on the product yet.

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
I voted no, besides even if they did I would never know. There is a zero chance of me watching the game...
This might surprise you, but a LOT of people will watch it... Something like one out of three people in the US alone ! So don't worry, they won't miss you ! ;)

As for me watching it, maybe I will, maybe I won't. I have set plans at all.

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Indy
So, let's get basic...another STUPID Poll thread.

Users who are viewing this thread