Will Dish Advertise The Hopper During the Superbowl

Will Dish Advertise the New Hopper / joey Offering During Superbowl and Will That Advertising Includ

• Yes, Without Pricing

Votes: 23 27.7%
  • Yes, With Pricing

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • No

Votes: 57 68.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
CLoser or SOON. There's no difference in DISH terms. Could be tomorrow or by the end of March. DISH has never met a release deadline they didn't pass up .

I have not heard Dish say what day they are shooting for. I've heard people on here say they wouldn't be surprised if it were out by March 1st. The only thing Dish is stating is that it would be released in March.

Officially by the First quarter, is what I read and heard here on other posts . So first quarter is Jan - March. So anywhere from Jan 1st till March 31st would still be within the first quarter.

Dish has told retailers it will be released in March and they are suppose to go over the pricing with us Feb. 16th. The day we've all been waiting for.

So, let's get basic...another STUPID Poll thread.
It's not stupid. It is kinda dumb, though. :)

What the poll doesn't mention is what class of advertisement. Obviously, Dish is way too cheap to advertise on the national network broadcast. But, they could advertise in select local markets directly with the local affiliate.

However, they definitely WILL advertise in the space allotted to carrier-sold advertisements. Those are the horribly produced ads, generally for snake oil, that you see during otherwise legitimate programming. The ones that make you wonder how a breast enlargement pill company could afford to advertise on a major network or show. Or, all those ads you see for Dish products and services. (Kinda preaching to the choir, though.) I'll bet a dollar Dish will run several of that type during the game.

Its less then a month from being released. Techs and managers are being trained on it now. Plus we keep hearing it will be out before the training is even done.. (ps its a 5 week training)

Its less then a month from being released. Techs and managers are being trained on it now. Plus we keep hearing it will be out before the training is even done.. (ps its a 5 week training)

Now this is true insight from the inside. Thanks Shaggy.........:)

sA :: Shaggy said:
The manual that is in my hand. It goes week one two three four five. I figured that was the end.

Is that for Dish techs? I'm assuming retailers will get no such thing. I'm pretty sure I knew more about the Hopper than the Dish rep that came to talk to us last week. I actually don't think we need much training. Interface is very similar to the 922 and the install is not in crazy. I think I have all the specs for install already. Bring it on baby!

Yea that's for internal techs..I'm sure rsp will get something else. The biggest thing is that you cannot install a joey until after the hopper is completely done if u do it will lock up and you have to unplug the joeys and reset the hopper. Good news tho. After the hopper is.done it takes the joey about 15 seconds to sync.

sA :: Shaggy said:
Yea that's for internal techs..I'm sure rsp will get something else. The biggest thing is that you cannot install a joey until after the hopper is completely done if u do it will lock up and you have to unplug the joeys and reset the hopper. Good news tho. After the hopper is.done it takes the joey about 15 seconds to sync.

I can see that. makes sense. No reason to have a Joey running until the Hopper is going.

Well no DISH commercials during the Superbowl last night and no Directv commercials either. So it looks like neither company wanted to spend on the Superbowl last night.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)