Will Dish Carry WWE's Royal Rumble in HD??

Reading the article, it looks like they will be broadcasting WWE Royal Rumble in HD, probably back then WWE didn't have enough equipments to provide HD up until now or maybe they weren't committing into the whole HD thing because not many people had HDTV's back then and probably didn't want to spend the extra money to broadcast it in HD, the WWE audience keeps getting bigger and bigger by the year, and as of now there is a good chunk of people that have HDTV sets in their homes and its definitely worth it for them to broadcast the PPV's in HD.
I would love to see WWE RAW and WWE Friday Night Smack down! broad casted in HD.

WWE purchased the hardware to go HD two years ago. For some unknown reason they never used it, even for PPVs. I guess since USA is now HD and since CW is HD they feel it will finally be beneficial to activate it.

Of course DirecTv will have it. They have every HD channel out there outside of Voom.

WWE News: Maria Wants To Pose For Playboy, Royal Rumble In HD Update, Rumble Tickets Sell Out

The HD broadcast of the Royal Rumble will be airing on digital cable, as well as DirecTV. Royal Rumble being broadcast in HD has been confirmed as the iNDEMAND website is listing that the Rumble will air on their HD PPV channel. If you have an HD PPV channel, you should be able to see the Rumble on HD. However, the HD feed is priced at $49.95 instead of $39.95 for the Standard Definition broadcast.

WWE purchased the hardware to go HD two years ago. For some unknown reason they never used it, even for PPVs. I guess since USA is now HD and since CW is HD they feel it will finally be beneficial to activate it.

Vince resisted HD because he thought it would reveal too much. It will be a plus for diva ogling but the wrestling part may come off as obviously fake and Vince wanted to maintain as much of the "realism" as possible for as long as possible.

Yikes $50, that even further justifies me buying a ticket for $100. I'll just get my first WWE in HD fix when Smackdown goes HD supposedly in January as well, but we'll see how that turns out.

I usually just watch Raw and not so much for smackdown...
50$ for a PPV in HD its kinda expensive, I use to purchase WWE PPV's few years ago for around 30-40$. I purchased WWE PPV's for nearly a year in a row, too expensive and finally realized it wasn't worth it so I stopped ordering PPV's and just waited to see the results on the next day or visit WWE.com after the PPV was over.

I would hope so. Sometimes they are kinda late in announcing things like that, but with as many HD PPV channels as they have now there is really no excuse not to!

It should. To me this is the only reason to have HD PPV on dish...I can get movies else where. Id' rather live events then movies.

Question

Is there a link I can go to and see it?

Will i have to wait until the night of the event or will be able to pre order it for the HD one and not the SD one?

Thanks for the information

Reading the article, it looks like they will be broadcasting WWE Royal Rumble in HD, probably back then WWE didn't have enough equipments to provide HD up until now or maybe they weren't committing into the whole HD thing because not many people had HDTV's back then and probably didn't want to spend the extra money to broadcast it in HD, the WWE audience keeps getting bigger and bigger by the year, and as of now there is a good chunk of people that have HDTV sets in their homes and its definitely worth it for them to broadcast the PPV's in HD.
I would love to see WWE RAW and WWE Friday Night Smack down! broad casted in HD.

If WWE thinks they can make money off the HD broadcast, they will try to get Dish to carry it. Raw is supposed to go to HD sometime in 2008, not sure about Smackdown.

Update: Listed on zap2it, WWE Raw is scheduled to be broadcasted in HD on Monday, 01/07 @ 9pm est and the following week on the 14th. WWE A.M. Raw will also be shown in HD starting Sunday, 01/06 @ 2am est. SD! was announced by CW sometime ago to start broadcasting in HD sometime in January, so it would probably start broadcasting in HD shortly after Raw (it isn't listed as being in HD this week or next week, but you never know).

Vince resisted HD because he thought it would reveal too much. It will be a plus for diva ogling but the wrestling part may come off as obviously fake and Vince wanted to maintain as much of the "realism" as possible for as long as possible.
he was right. HD will make it look even more fake than it already looks in SD. He will lose viewership. Anyone who has gone to see it live knows just how fake it can look and HD will take it to that point. Bad move IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts