Will Dish come out free to install 61.5?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

knightwolf61

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
Houston, Texas
Anyone know if Dish will come for free and put up a 61.5 dish?...I have a high def box but when they originally installed the 500 they told me that the extra dish would only pick up a few spanish channels..I told them at the time not to worry about it. Do you think I should just blow it off or is Dish going to be keeping and adding more HD channels to 61.5?:confused:

If you have locals that are on the 61.5 then you could possibly get it installed for free specialy if you tell the csr that the installer didnt know that there was locals on it. What receiver(s) do you have now?

Which hi def box do you have? If you upgrade to one of the VIP boxes they will include the installation of the Dish 1000 or 61.5 (whichever is needed for your area) for free with part of the upgrade.

If you're in Houston, those extra locals are (were) on 148, not 61.5. they are also on 61.5

Call Dish and tell them you have locals that you need a 2nd dish for. Until they move to 110/119 Dish is required to install a dish for must carry locals