Will Dish ever fix the "go back 10 seconds" bug?

What is PTI clock?
The countdown clock on Pardon the Interruption:

Wilbon.jpg

Reactions: Tampa8
The problem/real bug is that FROM LIVE if it were to go back only 10 seconds, it would soon start pixalating and then JUMP back to LIVE. The only way to avoid this and watch what had just happened without hiccups was to go back 10 seconds wait a few seconds--but before it jumped to LIVE--hit the skip back again, do the same a 3rd time and that would be 50% success, often needing to skip back again or just PAUSE the bloody thing for OVER 30 seconds--like almost a minute and then you were almost guaranteed smooth playback and no jumping to LIVE. But even then it could jump back to LIVE again. The LONGER you can skip back or the longer the pause, the more likely you were to have it play back smoothly and NOT jump back to LIVE.

So, I noticed months ago, that Dish changed the skip back from LIVE. Now if you are LIVE and you press the skip back button, it not goes back MUCH further than 10 seconds because Dish is trying to avoid the awful experience of the pixel picture and sudden jump to LIVE. The sad part is that even Dish's attempted fix STILL results in the playback jumping to LIVE. I would say the success rate is about only 25%. I almost ALWAYS have to go back even further or put it on pause for an
ADDITIONAL 30 seconds to be guaranteed smooth playback and no jumping to LIVE.

None of the above affects completed recordings. They still skip back 10 seconds and there are no issues. The problem is ONLY during LIVE/delayed viewing of less than at least one minute. I do hope Dish really fixes this because it is REALLY SUPER DUPER ANNOYING. You should see me go through the hoops to make this work.
I should have clarified that this is for both my Hoppers with Sling. And no, it aint a remote problem.

That happened to me with my 722k once. But besides that, never had a problem with the skip forward/back function. ..now sound/video sync issues on channels with dolby stereo??...that's the bug I wonder if they'll ever get worked out with broadcasters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)