Will DISH exchange 811 for 411?

cinemaandsound said:
Does anyone have any info on whether or not DISH will exchange out existing 811's for new 411's? If so, when?
ASK DISH!!! Seeing the 411 hasn't even been released yet who besides DISH will know? Of course if you get an answer let us all know.

I second that question. I will be having a 942 installed very soon so I wonder what the difference will be. I am assuming something to do with MPEG4

411 is the rumored MPEG-4 version of the 811.

The MPEG-4 942 is supposedly a 962.

The logic? Who knows. Seems like I read something about someone who's actually seen a proto-962. I never heard of the 411 until recently.

Man im so impatient its not even funny I have spent about 150 bucks to get my locals in HD ok ok so only PBS and maybe ABC but to no avail :( I could/would go to d* and pay the 1.50 for my FOX and NBC feeds if only their HD wasnt HD lite.

Thanks Tbenning.

I'm a new convert from dbsforums.com, so I've missed a lot of what's been going on. I got fed up when I found out Voom had been up at 129 for a few weeks, and no one had mentioned it over there. And when I brought it up, I think I got one response along the lines of "Eh, interesting."

Carl, RF remotes are nice, but it's more important for many of us to have IR so we can program other remotes. I don't know why they don't stick with the dual remotes- 2 of my 3 DISH recievers had them.

tbenning said:
It is a lot more than rumored. It has been shown and discussed for quite some time. There are pictures of it from Dish's booth in the Cedia coverage portion of this site. Here's 2 of the pictures.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/photos/displayimage.php?album=7&pos=21
http://www.satelliteguys.us/photos/displayimage.php?album=7&pos=22

Not the prettiest box, but hell...as long as it WORKS!!! Hopeully current HD subr's will get FREE replacements, or at the very least a minimal swap out fee.

I would guess it will have the HDMI to DVI adapter included. If not you can get one fairly cheap. HDMI is kinda like DVI + Audio on one cable.

You've got at least a month and a half (mid-november), but probably at least 2.5 realistically speaking, and that's best case...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)