DishProPlus + 3 sat locs + 1 legacy rcvr=frustration

grapeape

Original poster
Oct 2, 2005
Hi folks,

I've just had some equipment upgraded by a Dish Network reseller and have not gotten to the desired outcome; I'm trying to understand what might be going wrong before I call up to complain.

In my first incarnation as a Dish network customer, I had the following configuration in place:

Dish 3800 Receiver + Dual LNBF Dish 500 + Single LNBF Dish 300 + SW21 switch

This setup allowed me to see satellites at 110, 119, and 148; many of my local channels are on 148.

For a couple of years in the interim I wasn't a Dish customer, but decided to sign up again about a year ago. During that time, the SW21 switch had become waterlogged and inoperative, so I used just the feed out of the Dish 500 when reinstalling myself and could only see 110 and 119, of course, but I was OK with that.

Fast forwarding to today, when I decided our steady stream of houseguests mandated a second Dish receiver. I didn't have the time to figure out and install everything myself, so called one of the local Dish Network resellers with this goal in mind:

Make 110, 119, and 148 satellites visible on both the old 3800 receiver (which I believe now has the 3900 software after many updates) and a new DISH-322 receiver I purchased.

The contractor replaced the LNBs in both dishes with the DishPro Plus Twin LNB (500) and a DishPro Dual LNB (300) hooked to the LNB IN of the Twin LNB on the 500. It seems like this should be a viable setup; however, each receiver still sees only the 110 and 119 feeds (not the 148) even after running all the tests, check switches, etc.

I would like to troubleshoot this myself as much as possible before having to arrange for people to come back to the house again.

My questions:

Is this setup viable as described, or do both receivers have to be "DishPro" compatible (via adaptor or new rcvr purchase) to get the LNB IN on the Twin LNB to function properly? Both receivers see that there are three inputs available off the switch, but the third (148) is X-ed out. The legacy receiver believes it's hooked to an SW64 switch.

Can any of you think of anything else I might do to troubleshoot this on my own?

Thanks to all for reading this far and for any help you might be able to offer.

--Dave

It sounds like you have the following potential issues.

The lnbf on the 148 dish is legacy and is not compatable with the dpp twin,

The coax from the 148 to the d500 dish is bad,

The 148 dish is pointing into a tree now, out of tune, out of spec,

If its a dp dual then it could be bad,

The sub contractor failed to check the signal at this dish wich could have shown most of the above issue's.

The setup is viable, only one of the receivers needs to be DishPro, legacy receivers will see it as an SW64. I doubt it could cause the problem, just making sure the DPP Separator is in place behind the 322?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts