Hopper 3 Cooling fan

I bought a 4 inch low speed high volume case fan way back when I got my first622 and have had it near the exit side vents on the 622, 722 Hopper 2000 and now my Hopper 3. Unfortunately the business is no longer found on the internet, but others can be "Googled" for less than $30.

I've never had a temperature problem with any of my Dish receivers with this setup.

All you need to do is create a low pressure zone at the exit vents and that will pull in room temp air from every possible crack and crevice around the device to keep it cool, no sealing necessary.

As a matter of fact if you get the fan too close to the unit the noise goes up precipitously, keep it about 1.5 inches away.
I ordered one of these external fans in addition to a replacement internal fan. The internal fan hasn't arrived yet, but the external one did. As you suggested, I put it on the right side of the Hopper 3, about 1 to 1.5 inches away from the vents. In a matter of minutes (on the low setting), it pulled enough room temp air through the unit to cool the top of the case on the right and middle by about 10 degrees. The internal fan (the one that keeps getting stuck) isn't even running and the whole Hopper 3 is being cooled easily by the external fan just drawing air. At this point, I'm not sure that I'm even going to bother opening up the unit to replace the internal fan. Doesn't seem necessary with the external fan, which is whisper quiet. If anyone is having any kind of heating issue, I'd say this is the way to go.