Will DISH follow Directv

That isn't new, it's been there for over a year and I've never seen it say you can get another neighboring markets station.

That isn't new, it's been there for over a year and I've never seen it say you can get another neighboring markets station.
+ 1, I've tried several times with several addresses around the lower 48. I've yet to find one on that D* website thats granted. Dish offers a Superstation pack, Thats something D* doesn't offer. Thats about as close as Either company your going to get. Unless your in NY,Boston,LA,Denver. They aren't really neighboring.

Ah gee...

I must have been skipping class again, I thought it was something new :( Guess we shouldn't expect too much progress.

Actually, I got Greensboro CBS when I was with DirecTV, so it does happen. I liked it because WRAL had implemented a secondary audio censorship filter to bleep out works like ass and bong. I would just watch the shows with potty mouths on the neighboring market channel. It is one of the things I miss about D* along with Tivo.

Ted

Apparently you can do this in a town in south mississippi also. You would get Baton Rouge locals in HD, and the jackson MS locals as your secondary. I assume these wouldnt be HD, anyone know for sure?

Apparently you can do this in a town in south mississippi also. You would get Baton Rouge locals in HD, and the jackson MS locals as your secondary. I assume these wouldnt be HD, anyone know for sure?

That is correct. If you go to directv site and punch in zip 39657 for Osyka, Ms. Then use Amite ms. it shows the baton rouge sd and hd locals plus the sd jackson ,ms locals
Sort of weird because osyka is closer to jackson, than baton rouge:confused:
High-definition (HD) local channels from DIRECTV are also available in your area. To receive them you will need an HD system
Available Channels

Network Affiliate Local Channel # 3-Digit Channel #
(older receivers) HD Channel
ABC WBRZ 2
CBS WAFB 9
CW WBRL 21
PBS WLPB 27
NBC WVLA 33
FOX WGMB 44
TFT TFT 431

Standard Local Channels: You can receive these local channels using a DIRECTV® Multi-Satellite Receiver. So sign up now for a package that includes local channels!
In Addition, you can now receive Neighboring Local Channels at no additional cost. See the Available Neighboring Local Channels table below. Learn more.
Available Neighboring Local Channels

Network Affiliate Originating City Local Channel # 3-Digit Channel # (older receivers)
CBS WJTV Jackson MS 12
PBS WMPN Jackson MS 29
ABC WAPT Jackson MS 16
NBC WLBT Jackson MS 3

I thought E* violated a law that prevented them from offering significantly viewed locals

That's exactly it - they can ONLY offer the locals that are IN the same DMA.
NO distants & NO SV locals - period.
NOT even to be able to offer all the main nets in DMA's that are missing some of them.

in starting to offer "neighboring, significantly viewed" locals?

DIRECTV - Neighboring Local Channels

From the link it appears that the plan is a work that has just begun...a lot of blanks to be filled in...

First Dish starting doing this a few years ago, but then they lost appeals and a failed to reach a settlement on a law suit. Fox was the hold out that refused a settlement that everyone else had signed on to. The Judge, following the law that allowed Satellite to carry Distants and Significantly viewed, was then forced to order a permanent injunction against Dish carrying them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts