HD Absolute VS. Turbo HD

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
If I were to subscribe to the HD Absolute package within the next few days before August 1st would I be grandfathered into that package? Would this be a better deal than the new Turbo HD package?

Thank you guys. One more quick question:

Our HD channels break-up a lot probably due to a misaligned dish. The SD channels on the other satellites have no break-ups. Would Dish charge me for this to be corrected? After all I am not getting the channels I am paying for and feel that I shouldn't have to pay to have the dish realigned.

I had a similar problem and it depends. When I had my satellite realigned, the installer said it was done "half-ass" and should never have been done that way. He fixed it, called customer service and had the fee removed.

Unfortunately, from what I read on here, installers hardly make a dime anymore and to get service fees removed may be difficult.

I wouldnt think changing a premium would have anything to do with hd absolute. The only way you should loose it is if you change hd absolute itself, such as to another basic programing package. If it is ever deleted there will be no way to put it back.

I wouldnt think changing a premium would have anything to do with hd absolute. The only way you should loose it is if you change hd absolute itself, such as to another basic programing package. If it is ever deleted there will be no way to put it back.

I agree, but that's the rumor, ANY change and you lose HD Absolute "Grandfather" status. I hope it is false.

I agree, but that's the rumor, ANY change and you lose HD Absolute "Grandfather" status. I hope it is false.

Dish is in no position to play those kinds of games with their subscribers. If they play that game with me, I'll make the final change -- to Direct TV...

Unfortunately from what I am hearing it is not. So if you are on Absolute and want to change some things on your account DO IT NOW.

I predicted the HD-Only deal will go up in price but did not see it come to an end so fast, guess Charlie is really bleeding with this $29.99 low cost deal.

Just orderd this HD Absolute with a free 622 before it is too late, will see if Charlie will keep the next promise, any new HDs from now to next February will be included in HD Absolute.

I am not holding my breadth, but of course I can just "change my programming" to get rid of it if you are correct.

If HD absolute is subject to ANY changes, I've got to wonder if the penny Cinemax might be a double-edged sword. If they don't extend past a year, anyway.

If HD absolute is subject to ANY changes, I've got to wonder if the penny Cinemax might be a double-edged sword. If they don't extend past a year, anyway.
That is to say that they don't change the HD Absolute come February 2009. Just because existing subs can't get TurboHD core (standalone) packs NOW doesn't mean it will stay that way.

That is to say that they don't change the HD Absolute come February 2009. Just because existing subs can't get TurboHD core (standalone) packs NOW doesn't mean it will stay that way.

I got an email from a guy at the ceo office that I have been in contact with and he said the latest was that of 2/1/09 existing subs will be offered the new Turbo Hd only paks. He also said it is possible it could be earlier and he would keep me posted.

I just want to know what it means that you cant change upgrade/downgrade when you have HD absolute. Since no subscriber has been given this information, wouldnt that be just cause to end any commitment you have with Dish?
Lets say Im just Joe Shmo that has HD absolute and HBO and Starz. Then one day I decide I dont really need the movie channels, or want to add one. What will they do, say no we cant do that? Or will they say okay we can change your premiums but.... And thats what i dont understand, whats the "but" going to be? Where will they put someone that wants to change programming? Force them to take an AT100/200/250 package? It seems like they cant do that without giving every subscriber to that package any notice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)