Will Dish move me from 129 to 61.5 for free?

Neal VT EE

Original poster
Oct 18, 2007
i recently moved (about 10 miles) and at my previous home i had 2 dishes, one pointed at 61.5. only in the worst of downpours did signal go out. since i've moved and am now pointed at 129 i lose signal ALL the time. my dish is mounted on a post in my yard and is pointed over top of a mountain (barely). i know 129 is a dying bird and from what i've heard Dish's options were to shut down some transponders or reduce transmit power. that said, the frequency with which i don't have signal on most of my HD channels is not acceptable. sometimes i lose signal if its cloudy. no rain, just cloudy. i live in Roanoke, VA and according to one of the mysterious "dot maps" it appears we are supposed to get locals in HD this year (not holding my breath). i would assume if we do get HD locals that they would be from 61.5 or something in the east, depending on where the new birds are supposed to go, so i would need another dish anyway. so, my question is if i complain hard enough will dish add a 61.5 wing dish to my set up or would i be wasting my time even trying. i really think i have a valid complaint that i rarely experienced signal loss before and now it's hard to watch HD when its cloudy. i get the stuff on 110 and 119 fine, but 129 is horrible.

thanks!

Unlikely. I have the same problem, and i called to complain and they told me they can install a dish for 61.5 for $99 dollars.

Then when i asked them about one for when my locals in HD when available (In Grand Rapids - which WAS suppose to be this month) They told me they have no timetable for locals in my area in HD anymore, but when they are available they will setup a dish for 61.5 for $59.00 or for free with a two year comitment

i guess i can try to call them. i dread any sort of phone contact with dish because of the foreign call centers. not ONCE have i ever been pleased after calling them. since i just moved i had to do the 24 month commitment for the free move install so i don't know if they'd even offer a free 61.5 dish with a 24 month commit. i continue to hear about how charlie says "we need to do better at customer service...blah blah blah." i have yet to see any progress whatsoever. in fact it just gets worse every time i call. if there is a hell it is littered with dish network customer service reps.

Unlikely. I have the same problem, and i called to complain and they told me they can install a dish for 61.5 for $99 dollars.

Then when i asked them about one for when my locals in HD when available (In Grand Rapids - which WAS suppose to be this month) They told me they have no timetable for locals in my area in HD anymore, but when they are available they will setup a dish for 61.5 for $59.00 or for free with a two year comitment

If i lived in Niagara Falls, Ny would i most likely get 61.5(hoping from what i hear) or 129 (not what i want from what i hear)?

I wanted 61.5, and instead of calling up DISH, I just installed it myself. The dish itself was $20 on ebay, the LNB was $5. A couple tweaks aiming it, and bam, 61.5. No sweat.

I wanted 61.5, and instead of calling up DISH, I just installed it myself. The dish itself was $20 on ebay, the LNB was $5. A couple tweaks aiming it, and bam, 61.5. No sweat.

Cheapest DP single or dual lnbf I can find on ebay today is $21 with shipping. And good luck finding a D-tube 300 dish to put it in maybe buy a dish500 ($28 shipped cheapes I found)for it but there you are at 21+28=$49. Unless you use legacy lnbf and that is a LOT cheaper.but will NOT work with a Dish100.2 When added to a 129, if it "129" gets ANY signal from the 129 slot then it will ALWAYS default to it. So be sure to either change to a dish 500 or cover the 129 lnb with foil or something. Either way at 49 dollars if your lucky I would not mess with it, if you can get the $59 price.

But if you have LOS issues they should reapair it. I know If my company put in a system with a better LOS at the 61.5 location then we would GLADLY replace the 100.2 with a 500 and 61.5 for free but then again, we retailers do not make the decision in the big big world of DISH cooperate shannagins....

I called dish last week to see if my locals were in hi-def yet. They told me that they were avaliable and that I would need a 61.5 dish. They installed it today for free with no comitment. I guess I got lucky.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts