Will dish network someday add spanish audios to the hd channels?

okidokios

Original poster
Jun 9, 2007
Hello somebody know why dish hd channels don't have the second spanish audio? will they add soon or is not on their plans? thanks in advance.

Hello somebody know why dish hd channels don't have the second spanish audio? will they add soon or is not on their plans? thanks in advance.
Have you set the Alternate Audio option on the receiver to Spanish? You should be able to listen to HD channels in spanish as we have HD packages for our Latino packages. Please let me know, thank you!

I've also wondered how come the HD premium channels don't have the same Spanish SAP that the SD channels have. Though I hate dubbed programming myself, I can see the need for it. The other day watching Toy Story 3 I wanted to hear the way the Spanish dub handled "Spanish Buzz", I had to turn to the SD channel to hear the Spanish SAP.

And for those interested, Spanish Buzz was left exactly as it was in the English version. It was Galician Buzz! Totally different Spanish accent. And when Ham mentioned that the instructions were in Spanish, the Spanish language dub said the instructions were in Japanese. Still very funny!

Have you set the Alternate Audio option on the receiver to Spanish? You should be able to listen to HD channels in spanish as we have HD packages for our Latino packages. Please let me know, thank you!

Yeah but there is no sap for hd channels and yeah i mean the premium and other hd channels for example hbo starz tnt fx tbs nick cartoon all those channels have sap audio in the sd channels but not in hd :( it will be great if they add the sap for all the hd channels, i think it will be a great deal to have the SAP option for all hd channels who have this capabilty it will incrase the latino consumers!!! =)

Yeah but there is no sap for hd channels and yeah i mean the premium and other hd channels for example hbo starz tnt fx tbs nick cartoon all those channels have sap audio in the sd channels but not in hd :( it will be great if they add the sap for all the hd channels, i think it will be a great deal to have the SAP option for all hd channels who have this capabilty it will incrase the latino consumers!!! =)
Thank you! I really was not understanding the problem. I will do some research into this over the next week and see what I can find out. I appreciate everyone explaining what the issue was.

Good idea. That way I can learn and understand more Spanish. The only Spanish channel that has English subs under CC3 is Telemundo, but that's not available everywhere and I don't have it.

Univision and Galavision do not offer Engish CC or SAP except in some sports programs via OTA. Today's World Cup could not have any English on it by "rights" agreement. ESPN owned the English Language rights in the US.