NY's My 9 Finally in HD

AIsmail

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 25, 2005
Stewartsville, NJ
Not sure when it happened but NY's My 9 is finally in HD. Thats the last NY local to finally be available in HD. While the programming leaves a whole lot to ask for, they do offer about 20 Yankee games a year and to be able to watch them in HD instead of the world's crappiest SD signal, is a real treat.

Are you sure this went up a few days ago l. I have been watching the yankees games they offer since last year and maybe longer.

Sent from my LG-P999 using SatelliteGuys

it was added 6/16/11
6307(9) - WWOR [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5W TP 15 Spotbeam 3 (Mkt:New York, NY-Secaucus, NJ-MY) (A)

Iceberg said:
it was added 6/16/11
6307(9) - WWOR [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5W TP 15 Spotbeam 3 (Mkt:New York, NY-Secaucus, NJ-MY) (A)

My bad I thought the OP was talking OTA.

Sent from my LG-P999 using SatelliteGuys

Sounds like Dish is doing whatever they can to keep the New York subs happy, considering the RSN mess. Is there anywhere else in the United States where all locals are in HD?

Well LA has the 6 major networks plus PBS and Telefurura available in HD.

Attachments

• la1.JPG
    la1.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 157
Dish does have a few markets where they carry all the locals in HD...of course these markets thats all they carry (they dont carry any SD locals) ;)
Also some markets only have the Big 4 nets in it

Wasn't there a requirement in some law that if a satellite carrier carrys one station in HD in a DMA, it has to carry ALL the HD stations in HD in that DMA by a certain date.

I believe the percentages escalate from year to year and mid 2012 is another milestone.

Thanks isaacmorse MI and Iceberg. That was an actual question, I was wondering about LA. Up here, PBS, The CW (Don't watch, and only care because of Sitcom reruns on local), and our current MNTV along with future affiliate, are all SD only. Iceberg, I'd love for Dish to drop the Locals in SD. I'm stuck flipping to the cable HD feed (locals, Public Access, Shopping, and NECN) that I get with my Internet and Phone subscription, which I can't DVR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts