Will Dish ship an additional Joey or....

scsttrooper

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 13, 2013
Myrtle Beach, SC
If I already have a Hopper with two Joeys and would like to add another Joey will Dish ship me one and let me install it myself or will they force me to have a tech come out? If they will send me one what will they charge for it in addition to the monthly fee? Any ideas?

Again... Thanks for your replies.

If I already have a Hopper with two Joeys and would like to add another Joey will Dish ship me one and let me install it myself or will they force me to have a tech come out? If they will send me one what will they charge for it in addition to the monthly fee? Any ideas?

Again... Thanks for your replies.

Most likely require an appointment. Its additional $7 a month for it to be on your account.

I believe the Joey has been posted for $100 it is free only on the original install. The cheapest I found on Ebay was $97.99 with free shipping.

I bought one on Amazon for about $60.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

The best thing to do is message DIRT and ask. If they charge for it, then it might be cheaper to just get one via a third party like navychop suggested.

A Joey you get from Dish would be leased whereas a Joey from a reputable third party would be owned. You'd still have to pay the monthly fee either way, but I believe you would have the ability to add and remove the owned joey on your account whenever you want. Might be a consideration for guest rooms or kids that are only home during summer breaks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)