Will DishNetwork add more HD channels to the 110?

whicky1978

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
Clarksville, Tennessee
I have to pay for a 2nd sat. to get voom or cbsHD. Someone suggested I add local channels, but I get them already with 110 (cheapper way to get voom). I feel jipped that I asked for HD, and they did not put in the right satellite installation when they came 2 weeks ago.:mad:

Well one, the 'hd pack' is not all on 61.5, but 110 (119 too? dont remember)

Second off, depending on your market, you can receive a free 'wing' dish at 61.5 , but I am not sure what locals you get (Id check, but its late for me!)

Your best bet, is to either grab a dish 1000 , and stick it up (alot easier, just more of a 'swap and point' so to speak) but you wont get CBS-HD, or you can call a local installer and have them throw up a dish for 61.5, or (ALOT CHEAPER !) is to buy a dish at a local swap meet or ebay for ~30, and stick it up yourself, but thats all saying you dont need any switches etc.. the Dish install covers that I beleive

Voom is on 129 (dish 1000) and 61.5 2nd dish.. if you have any local channels that say to call 1800-333-3474 to get this channel.. then you have channels on a wing slot.. What is your DMA???? so we can point you in the right direction...

It's an easy swap. Just make sure you cover the 110 eye while you're pointing. I kept getting 119/129 on the Twin until I did.

The most annoying part is that you aren't supposed to hook up the 129 LNB until you've tweaked 119. That's fine if you're using a DP34 or DP44. But if you're using the internal switch, you need to remove one of the LNBs and hook up the extra cable AFTER you've pointed it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)