Will E* install 3rd dish for internat'ls? Free?

trumpit

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 21, 2003
Northern California
I have a Dish500 for 110/119 and a Dish300 for 148 (& DP34) because some of my San Fran locals are there. Both were installed free. I notice the Dutch network is only available on 61.5. (Coincidentally, so is NY CBS-HD, which I should qualify for, being in O&O affiliate area, Grade B) If I order the Dutch network, will dish install the third dish and switch, assuming I have LOS to 61.5 at 14deg elevation? Thx!

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you're getting this one free. The Dish 500 is free for new customers, and the 148 dish is free because of your split locals.

Dish'll be happy to send out someone to install another dish, but they'll bill you for it. Unless I'm wrong. :)

And before you get started, check out that line of sight. You'll need to point almost due east (about 94 degrees), and that 14-degree elevation means you'll need 40 feet of distance to clear 10 feet of obstruction height.

There also no guarantee that DISH will activate NY CBS-HD for you even if you did have a dish pointing to the 61.5 sat with the recent legislation that just passed. Sat. companies are no longer allowed to give distant HD networks from an earlier time zone. I live in the same DMA as you do and I do have NY CBS-HD, but many people have difficult issues with LOS. Check out the west coast Voomers.

trumpit said:
I have a Dish500 for 110/119 and a Dish300 for 148 (& DP34) because some of my San Fran locals are there. Both were installed free. I notice the Dutch network is only available on 61.5. (Coincidentally, so is NY CBS-HD, which I should qualify for, being in O&O affiliate area, Grade B) If I order the Dutch network, will dish install the third dish and switch, assuming I have LOS to 61.5 at 14deg elevation? Thx!

Dish will no longer carry the Dutch network BVN after Mar 31, 2005.
BVN has decided to return to FTA/MPEG. It is now located on Intelsat-Americas 5 (formerly Telstar 5) transmitting on the Ku band. You would need to purchase a FTA/MPEG system and a Ku band dish and LNB/F to receive it.

No, the dpp44s allow for 119/110 and a pick and choose of 61.5/148 and 105/121. Can't use it for 105 and 121 because of obvious tech issues with the dish and 61.5/148 tried it personally and didn't work for me.

midcoastdishman said:
you can't have 148 and 61.5 on the same switching system

He is correct. DISH states for the DPP44:

LNBF/Switch Connectivity
• Switch provides inputs for up to four orbital locations.
– As with any switch, do not connect both 61.5° and 148°. (Emphasis original)

Source: Echostar PDF from SatelliteOne.com

warranty coverage fee

Will 522 be available to existing customers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)