Will E* mount 1000.2 on roof?

dishjim

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 3, 2006
Cleveland, Ohio
MY son is ording dish for a new home which currently has 2 dish 500 dishes (110/119 and 61.5) mounted on the roof. Will E* installer remove the 2 dish 500's and put a 1000.2 in ther place or will they want to mount on a pole?

It would appear that pole-mount is the preference, at least around here. When I upgraded to a 1000.x a few years ago, they wanted to put the dish on a pole in the front yard... :( Sadly, a lot of people say "okay". My wife said "I don't want to see it" (at least from the front of the house). I told the installer if that's the only place, the install is done. Then I pointed out the back corner of the roof and he said it would work there. Obviously not his first choice ! Of course, a 24' ladder fully extended barely reaches !!

In your son's case, I think they can re-use the poles for one of the existing dishes. Two-story and you reached with a 12' ladder ?

MY son is ording dish for a new home which currently has 2 dish 500 dishes (110/119 and 61.5) mounted on the roof. Will E* installer remove the 2 dish 500's and put a 1000.2 in ther place or will they want to mount on a pole?

Are you crazy man. A 1000.2 mounted on the roof. With the wind that thing catches it will pull you house off it's foundation, imagine the scene from twister when the house rolls into the road! A tech got a huge damage claim back charge for that one. Not to mention the huge amount of water that will now get into your roof ;)

I think that is a bit of hyperbole!

I had my 1000.2 on my roof for over 2 years, including when we had 100+ mph straight line winds a couple of years ago. No leaks, the dish was fine and I used it for almost a year more before switching to the EA.

Sure, it could blow away in a big storm, especially a tornado. But if the tornado hits your house, your dish is the last thing you're going to be worrying about.

I think that is a bit of hyperbole!

I had my 1000.2 on my roof for over 2 years, including when we had 100+ mph straight line winds a couple of years ago. No leaks, the dish was fine and I used it for almost a year more before switching to the EA.

Sure, it could blow away in a big storm, especially a tornado. But if the tornado hits your house, your dish is the last thing you're going to be worrying about.

:facepalm ROTFLMAO :boink:

What dish does wants to do should be documented in the communication(s) that they sent to your son. Chances are slim to none that they would install a 1000.2 if he's set up with 61.5W now.

Cleveland is an Eastern Arc market so the preferred dish there would be the 1000.4.

The dish could, in theory, be mounted where one of the current dishes is mounted. Other positions can be bargained for.

Are you crazy man. A 1000.2 mounted on the roof. With the wind that thing catches it will pull you house off it's foundation, imagine the scene from twister when the house rolls into the road! A tech got a huge damage claim back charge for that one. Not to mention the huge amount of water that will now get into your roof ;)

LOL, good one:)

What dish does wants to do should be documented in the communication(s) that they sent to your son. Chances are slim to none that they would install a 1000.2 if he's set up with 61.5W now.

Cleveland is an Eastern Arc market so the preferred dish there would be the 1000.4.

The dish could, in theory, be mounted where one of the current dishes is mounted. Other positions can be bargained for.

I'm not sure about that, I had heard that E* had stopped using 1000.4, just had install at my house, eastern arc, dish just says TurboHd not sure if its 1k.2 or 1k.4, How can I tell? Either way the original question is the same will they roof mount a 1k.x

I'm not sure about that, I had heard that E* had stopped using 1000.4
Many of DISH's HD dishes have the TurboHD logo. I think even some of the old Dish 1000s had it.

It is the 1000.2 that has been dropped in favor of a Western Arc version of the 1000.4.

You can tell what dish it is by where it is pointing. If a dish looks like it is pointing southeast, then it is a 1000.4. If it is pointing southwest, it could be a 1000, 1000.2 or 1000.4(WA).

On the ground, the 1000.4(EA) has an L-shaped LNB assembly and the 1000.4(WA) has a T-shaped LNB assembly (as do all the other 1000 models).

Ok Ok my first post was just in jest. There should be no problem with them putting either a 1000.2 or a 1000.4 on your roof where the other dishes are now. I would asume there is LOS to both arc's since they already had a mixed arc system in place.

Many of DISH's HD dishes have the TurboHD logo. I think even some of the old Dish 1000s had it.

It is the 1000.2 that has been dropped in favor of a Western Arc version of the 1000.4.

You can tell what dish it is by where it is pointing. If a dish looks like it is pointing southeast, then it is a 1000.4. If it is pointing southwest, it could be a 1000, 1000.2 or 1000.4(WA).

On the ground, the 1000.4(EA) has an L-shaped LNB assembly and the 1000.4(WA) has a T-shaped LNB assembly (as do all the other 1000 models).

No question it is EA, but the LNB appears "T" shaped but I will recheck and possible take a picture tonight and post later

Ok Ok my first post was just in jest. There should be no problem with them putting either a 1000.2 or a 1000.4 on your roof where the other dishes are now. I would asume there is LOS to both arc's since they already had a mixed arc system in place.
thats correct I understand wing dish has been pointed at both 61.5 and 129.