Will explorer 4200 ever reboot properly

captnemo

Original poster
Jun 8, 2008
WILL THE EXPLORER 4200 CABLE BOX EVER WORK AGAIN IF UNPLUGED OR A POWER FAILURE. Whats this rebooting problems. I am scared to ever have tthe boxes loose power

I got the IO package , 2 explorer 4200 cable boxes and dvr box for my 3 tvs. One exolorer 4200 box got unpluged accidently and after rebooting would constanty give me a message cable card cannot be read please reinsert card. Finally worked after 20 tries. Three weeks later I got 4 dashes on cable box and message saying box not authorized to use. Rebooting did no good.

Repair service came replaced box and while in the house the other explorer 4200 lost stations and rebooting kept giving repair man message -- reinsert card , card cannot be read-- so it was replaced also

IS THIS A PROBLEM the REPLACEMENT BOXES I received were manufactured 10/2003. REV1. ANd 10/2005 REV 1.3. Are they going to break tomorrow also

Just ask for the 4250HD boxes. They have HDMI on them and are newer than the 4200HD boxes. Should save you any headaches the 4200s are causing you, which seems odd to happen on 2 boxes BTW. Almost sounds like someone is playing with the smart cards in them.

I dont think they even make the 4200 anymore. The 4250 was the replacement. Try to get one of them. They are much smaller and look prettier :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)