Will Hopper 3 become primary install for customers?

blatimer1983

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 6, 2010
Mississippi
Will the Hopper 3 be the default for all Dish customers in the future especially when they sign up for regular programming (AT 120 and above)?

Will the Hopper 3 be the default for all Dish customers in the future especially when they sign up for regular programming (AT 120 and above)?
I highly doubt it.
This option applies especially if the customer wants DVR.
Except that there are two DVR options that are cheaper for customers who only have one or two TV's: Hopper Duo, and adding a hard drive to a Wally and paying the one-time $40 fee. Obviously, customers who don't want DVR at all would also get a Wally. I have said it before: Hopper 3 for everyone is a non-starter.

I highly doubt it.

Except that there are two DVR options that are cheaper for customers who only have one or two TV's: Hopper Duo, and adding a hard drive to a Wally and paying the one-time $40 fee. Obviously, customers who don't want DVR at all would also get a Wally. I have said it before: Hopper 3 for everyone is a non-starter.

Are Hopper 2s (HWS) still being installed for new customers?

Are Hopper 2s (HWS) still being installed for new customers?
Hopper 2000's are still being installed for new customers......
And both of those options have the same DVR fee as the Hopper 3. When I said that there are two cheaper DVR options, I did not mean to imply that those were the only other DVR options available to new customers.

Reactions: HipKat
The Hopper model provided is based on the prospective customers credit rating, at least when it comes to any "free equipment" deals. As some have indicated, all three generations of Hoppers are still being installed today.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Two points for naming the movie that brought that to mind.
I remember something older, (80's??) and recall it was a strange movie, but can't think of the name. I was young.
Or at least that is what I am remembering I could be confused with something else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts