Will Hopper 3 ever get additional apps such as Hulu, Amazon, Vudu, eyc?

I have a Hopper 3, a Roku, An Apple TV, A bluray player, and yes, an HDTV (that I sometimes go directly to for some OTA). I also have a Harmony 700 remote that will turn everything on and off, depending upon what I'd like to watch with, with one button. All inputs, outputs, everything is changed according to that one button I pushed. ;)
I love my Harmony remote too but I don't expect most people to be willing to set one up. Not my wife or my mother or any other of the many people I know. Most people just aren't as interested in this kind of stuff as we are. Think about it. How many Dish or DTV customers do you think know about or even care about a place like satellite guys. That's probably the number that don't feel switching inputs is more hassle that it's worth.

I still think Harmony is the answer.

Can't set it up? Put aside your walker and call your grandkid or great grandkid. They'll LOVE setting it up for you. Smirk. Smirk. Or you're likely to find a contemporary who can do it.

And then your life will be MUCH easier.

Reactions: DWS44
yea i am still waiting for dish to add the youtube app and the other apps i would like to have also too,.
Besides Youtube, I would love to have NBC Sports Network added as one of the apps on the Hopper 3. I have an Amazon Fire TV, and I love NBC Sports Network, but I would love to have it and not change the TV Mode. I can wish and hope for it.

Reactions: bluegras
I still think Harmony is the answer.

Can't set it up? Put aside your walker and call your grandkid or great grandkid. They'll LOVE setting it up for you. Smirk. Smirk. Or you're likely to find a contemporary who can do it.

And then your life will be MUCH easier.
I wouldn't give up my Harmony remote for anything, your right life's much easier turn on 3 things 1 button.:biggrin

Reactions: DWS44 and navychop
I have a Hopper 3, a Roku, An Apple TV, A bluray player, and yes, an HDTV (that I sometimes go directly to for some OTA). I also have a Harmony 700 remote that will turn everything on and off, depending upon what I'd like to watch with, with one button. All inputs, outputs, everything is changed according to that one button I pushed. ;)

I love my Harmony remote too but I don't expect most people to be willing to set one up. Not my wife or my mother or any other of the many people I know. Most people just aren't as interested in this kind of stuff as we are. Think about it. How many Dish or DTV customers do you think know about or even care about a place like satellite guys. That's probably the number that don't feel switching inputs is more hassle that it's worth.

I actually forgot my that my AVR is also in the mix! :) Now, how hard is it to set up? It's done on your computer. You enter in your Devices (equipment). You set up the Activities: tell it what device should be on or off. what input/outputs when you want to watch TV/watch a movie/ watch Roku/watch AppleTV/etc. You save it and voila, you press one button and off you go. All the buttons on the Harmony do everything that all the buttons on all of the remotes that operate all of the equipment. The great thing is that it even knows that volume should control the AVR volume, channel up and down should control the H3, skip back and forward controls the H3, etc....

I know you know this pawdog, but you made it sound like it is a task to set up and I don't see it that way. Yeah, I have some neighbors that have one and it was a bit much for them, they barely can figure out how to change a channel :), so I set it up for them.

Reactions: navychop
I actually forgot my that my AVR is also in the mix! :) Now, how hard is it to set up? It's done on your computer. You enter in your Devices (equipment). You set up the Activities: tell it what device should be on or off. what input/outputs when you want to watch TV/watch a movie/ watch Roku/watch AppleTV/etc. You save it and voila, you press one button and off you go. All the buttons on the Harmony do everything that all the buttons on all of the remotes that operate all of the equipment. The great thing is that it even knows that volume should control the AVR volume, channel up and down should control the H3, skip back and forward controls the H3, etc....

I know you know this pawdog, but you made it sound like it is a task to set up and I don't see it that way. Yeah, I have some neighbors that have one and it was a bit much for them, they barely can figure out how to change a channel :), so I set it up for them.

You neighbors are exactly the most people I'm talking about. You are by the way, a prince of a man.:bow

Reactions: Bobby
I get HBO go and showtime online free with my Comcast Internet. So I would not sub those channels with Dish. It would be good to have therapy on the Hopper 3.

Even some technically sophisticated individuals prefer not to change inputs. I am not sure why but it is definitely a real phenomenon.

What year?

The only thing I've ever seen Dish be on time with year after year, is their price increase.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

true you got to think with the youtube app it was annouced back in jan at the consumer electronics show in las vegas it should be about time that dish add it to the hopper 3 dvr already.

good point scott dish has been working on the app for along time it should be done already right?

Nope.

You need to understand that in my estimates 70% of what you see at CES is NEVER released. (And I am not just talking about DISH stuff)

A lot of what is scene at CES are more proof of concepts showing what can be done. If the products do not get the feedback the companies want or expect... or is someone makes the same thing only better then those programs never see the light of day.

As far as Youtube goes, yes it is coming, but its not a priority for DISH. Adding this feature of the Hopper 3 does not make them any additional revenue and there are already so many other streaming devices that do Youtube well so I would say (guess) that it is more of a side project for them, and it will get there when it gets there. Begging for it every week is not going to make them go any faster on it. It is not a top priority for them.

I would say (from what I have heard and this could be wrong) is the biggest issue they are working on is fixing the OTA recordinig issues.

Agree Fix the OTA issue first
-
THEN
-
Fix Netflix on the Joey 4K it is missing. It was promised in the original press release.
The delay may be out of Dish's control, but sending a little money to Netflix to pay for contractors or developers so they can approve the Joey4K would help.
Maybe use some of the $50 up charge fee Dish charges so you can get a Joey 4K and send maybe $25 to Netflix to make them rush the approval through?

HOPPER 3 UPGRADE WAITING LIST!

Bad network port on 722?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)