Will I be able to install a dish 1000 in place of my directv dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

diat150

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 9, 2006
Louisiana
here are some pictures. I really dont want to put a pole in the ground and I am definitely not drilling holes in my roof.
IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

That plate is held in with 2 screws? Even if into studs, it doesn't look very secure. I would at least have some sort of leg at the bottom to releive the forces on those two screws.

And as far as holes in the roof, how many sat dishes are mounted securely in roofs all over the world that don't leak? The big thing is to seal and never remove. I have one foot pad still in place from an early pre-direct dish. I have two securely with no leaks on my roof.

it has 3 lag bolts holding it onto the stud. I will probably add another 2 but I was certain that it wouldnt move, which was proven during hurricane rita this past year. Plus its like a 3/8" aluminum plate, I guarantee you that it will not sway

just put the dish directly on the roof, the installer will seal the lag bolts the best he can, then there will be no question if it is mounted correctly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)