Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sA :: Shaggy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
5701 S Santa Fe Dr
I was just wondering what the warning signs of a receiver about to fail (particular the 510). My receiver has been doin some crazy stuff like not changing channels, no programing info, stopping at random times, losing signal, not recording... the usual dish tech stuff... and i was just wondering if it was about to fail... If so i would think now would be a good time to upgrade to a 625 if possible.

If you're having problems with the basic functions that a DVR has, I think it's time to upgrade. I have a 508 and a 501 and also the 625, I just love the 625. It just works all the time without any problems.

ok i just called them and i can upgrade bla bla bla... but heres the thing... their saying that its an aditional 5 bucks to lease the 625... but if im getting rid of a leased 510 then shouldnt my bill stay the same? I have AEP that gets rid of my dvr fee... but im still confused on why if i get rid of one reciever and lease another would my bill go up 5 bucks? Any ideas?

nvm... i called the billing department and they said it should be the same... thank you all for ur info... now in order to help other people out... what might be some signs of a soon to be dead reciever?

I offer the following, perhaps in an increasing order of urgency:
- Loss of/intermittent functions;
- Increasing random reboots;
- Fan is running too much, or not at all when it used to, or making a squealing sound;
- HDD making more noise than usual, or none at all;
- Room lights go dim when you turn it on;
- Peculiar "something's burning" odor;
- Smoke curling out of the vents... ;>)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)