Confused by Dish Network Warning

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
Thursday evening I got a text crawl that appeared warning that WTEV CBS was being shut down in 24 hours due to some contract negotiations. Call your local station to complain.

First of all there is no WTEV CBS station here. WTEV ended in 2014. Their new call letters are WJAX and it is a CBS Network station.

Second, I use the VIP 722K with dual Off Air tuners and a roof top YAGI antenna. I do not have my locals through Dish Network satellite system. Could Dish Network disable CBS UHF channel from the VIP 722 OTA tuner?

Third, 24 hours later I still have WJAX CBS channel.

I guess the text crawl warning and advisory to call the station to complain was a mistake.

57CB0DF9-7530-488A-9AF1-2864A01366B5.jpeg

Do you know what this originally said? Coming up 404 error now with SMPTE color bars.

Anyway, just thought it was strange and I agree it must have been a local person error since I got it on the local channel access, not Dish locals via satellite.

Typing the link into Google shows part of what was posted before they took it down:

8500C0D4-60E8-4830-81EF-9DCD1A6F5662.jpeg

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thanks, I'll have to remember that trick. :)

The only remaining error that remains is Dish Network still refers to WJAX as WTEV in the program guide.

The word "withhin" is misspelled in the announcement. :D

Thanks, I'll have to remember that trick. :)

The only remaining error that remains is Dish Network still refers to WJAX as WTEV in the program guide.

What I was getting at was the link now being "404" told me it was a good indication they took it down because the contract got renewed or talks got extended.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Obviously, an easily made typo. But they should proofread these things. I remember watching the Angry Video Game Nerd on his review on Double Dragon 3 for the NES, a cut scene in the game refers to the two main characters as "Bimmy and Jimmy Lee", instead of what should have been "Billy and Jimmy Lee".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)