Will I definitely need a Dish1000 for the new 622?

ArTT Vandelay

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2005
I have a Dish500 and a 2nd dish pointed to the 61.5 Voom bird, and the CSR told me that would suffice. I don't trust CSR's, but I do trust Satellite guys :)

Anybody know for sure on this?

That's good news cause that is what I have.

However, I have a feeling the service tech might show up with a Dish 1000 and be ready to install it anyway. So I am thinking- should I let him go ahead and do it? Does anyone think there might be a good reason to have the Dish 1000 down the road over the current setup I have (Dish 500 110/119 and another pointed at 61.5)? Dish 1000 is included in the lease fee for the 622 so I would hate to turn it down now only to realize I need it later.

do it. have it installed its just 2 dishes 4 satellite who knows what dish is going to come up with in future. I'm installing dish 1000 and 61.5 at my place

volkodav said:
do it. have it installed its just 2 dishes 4 satellite who knows what dish is going to come up with in future. I'm installing dish 1000 and 61.5 at my place

I agree with that. Even if it doesn't look like you need it now. And signals for the same programing on different sats aren't always equal. The 148 sat does a much better job with HBO and Showtime HD. If you have the extra dish you can always repoint it as the need arises.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts