Will I get the new GUI on my HR20-100?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hunters1234

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2011
chicago
Hi all, I've been with Directv forever now and have been tired of the ugly and SLOW UI and can't wait for the new faster "HD" gui. Will I get it pushed to my HR20-100 HD DVR? I have an 1.5 TB eSATA hdd attached to it and really don't want to have to switch receivers to get this "new look" if that means loosing all of the shows and movies on that external.

I also have a R22/200 HD DVR in a different room that doesn't get much use. Will that one get the new gui? Does that have the same eSATA port and more importantly, if I need to swap receivers and have my main home theater use the newer R22, can I just plug in that external hard drive and see the same programming that was on the hard drive with the HR20?

Thanks for any and all help!

Welcome to satellite guys!

Yes it's available for the HR20. Eventually it wil get pushed to your dvr .If you're here tonight after 11pm in the CE section you can download the new UI tonight. We got great members like jimbo and charper who are always willing to help. Also defergie and jcrandll who are moderators here and extremely helpful in the directv forums.

I believe the R22 will not get this update but someone will correct me if I'm wrong.If you meant the HR22 then yes.all HRxx's will get the new UI.about swapping I'm not sure you can see the content on a external drive recorded by one dvr and be able to connect it to another and watch it as well. Have you considered an MRV setup. You would be able to watch the content recorded from one dvr on another dvr in the same home

I believe the R22 will not get this update but someone will correct me if I'm wrong
I will correct you ;)
The R22 is pretty much a HR21 that can be used on SD only accounts. I have two and have done CE's for a while now

if I need to swap receivers and have my main home theater use the newer R22, can I just plug in that external hard drive and see the same programming that was on the hard drive with the HR20?
no the EHD is only for that one receiver...and if it (the receiver) craps out you lose the programming stored on that drive

I will correct you ;)
The R22 is pretty much a HR21 that can be used on SD only accounts. I have two and have done CE's for a while now
That's right. I just noticed that under the list of D* equipment.
By the way hunters1234, iceberg is a huge help on this site as well.

Thanks guys! If I come to the forums after 11:00 PM ET tonight, I can download the new ui??? I'm interested in that for sure. Where specifically shall I go?

Regarding that MRV setup, what additional equipment would I need? Typically, I wouldn't that functionality, but why wouldn't I take advantage of it anyway?

Thanks Iceberg on the ehd question, I was afraid of that.

Thanks guys! If I come to the forums after 11:00 PM ET tonight, I can download the new ui??? I'm interested in that for sure. Where specifically shall I go?

Regarding that MRV setup, what additional equipment would I need? Typically, I wouldn't that functionality, but why wouldn't I take advantage of it anyway?

Thanks Iceberg on the ehd question, I was afraid of that.
Just click here for the CE section >DirecTV Cutting Edge (CE) Discussion Forum

Be sure to read up on the rules.you can ask any questions related to the CE program right there .

with MRV you need a HD DVR and a HD receiver outside of the R22 for MRV to work. The R22 is a unique machine (I own 2 so I know). Member "stronecold" who use to work at Directv posted the info on it

To everyone who has R22 in regards to HD and MRV: Directv TV systems Sibel's Rio and it underlying framework sees the R22 as an SD DVR Only. This is a unit that never left limited production as DTV realized what a pain it was going to be to deal with. So on an account with JUST R22s you can not add MRV or HD even though the R22 hardware and software support HD and MRV. This is not an issue of equipment but on limitations of directv own internal software systems. For MRV to be added you need to have 1 HDDVR and 1HD box at the minimum. NO ifs NO ands NO buts.

Thats why I needed to have a H23 on the account to get HD to work on the 2 DVR's.

Thanks again. So I couldn't have MRV with an HDDVR (HR-20) and another HDDVR (R22)? One NEEDS to be just an HD receiver?

Thanks again. So I couldn't have MRV with an HDDVR (HR-20) and another HDDVR (R22)? One NEEDS to be just an HD receiver?

You need at least an hddvr and an hd receiver together with your R22 to have MRV .if you ever replaced the R22 with a HR dvr then just two would be enough.the HR20 and another HR20-34. Or your HR20 and an HD receiver

I must have the model number wrong because it is an HD DVR that I'm referring to (R22/200)

No you have it right.read icebergs post #8 and see why if you want MRV on the R22 you need at least an HR20-34 and an HD receiver H20-25

To this setup just add an HD receiver and you can have MRV on all of them. If you don't have use for a third receiver than you would need to replace the R22 for an HD reciever or an HD dvr excluding the R22.hope that helps

if I need to swap receivers and have my main home theater use the newer R22, can I just plug in that external hard drive and see the same programming that was on the hard drive with the HR20?

no the EHD is only for that one receiver...and if it (the receiver) craps out you lose the programming stored on that drive

Just to expand on Ice's post ...
If you have recordings on any HD DVR and move it to another recvr, when you plug it in, the recvr sees the new device and reformats your EHD so it can read it, at the same time it wipes your recording away.

Oh, didn't know that Jimbo. Glad I do know as I was going to plug it into my R22 to see what would happen. I'm VERY glad I didn't do that! Thanks

Hi all, I've been with Directv forever now and have been tired of the ugly and SLOW UI and can't wait for the new faster "HD" gui. Will I get it pushed to my HR20-100 HD DVR? I have an 1.5 TB eSATA hdd attached to it and really don't want to have to switch receivers to get this "new look" if that means loosing all of the shows and movies on that external.

I also have a R22/200 HD DVR in a different room that doesn't get much use. Will that one get the new gui? Does that have the same eSATA port and more importantly, if I need to swap receivers and have my main home theater use the newer R22, can I just plug in that external hard drive and see the same programming that was on the hard drive with the HR20?

Thanks for any and all help!

Oh, didn't know that Jimbo. Glad I do know as I was going to plug it into my R22 to see what would happen. I'm VERY glad I didn't do that! Thanks

I wasn't sure if you understood Ice's post entirely, I did, but I also know how he thinks !

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)