Will I have a problem getting Free HD Locals???

You mean..they can be read or cannot be read? Im confused. I just want to simply know if I can use the built-in HD tuner of TV to get hd locals using dish's feed. Is that a possibility? And if yes, how.

I already answered your question.
The satellite feed will get you channels from the satellite when hooked to the appropriate receiver. Some of those happen to be "HD Locals" but they are satellite channels just like the rest of them.

The RF feed from an antenna will get you analog or digital TV channels when hooked to the antenna input of a compatible device (receiver, TV, etc).
To explain more clearly, the signal coming from a satellite dish is ONLY useful when connected to a satellite receiver. You need an ANTENNA signal to go directly to the tuner on your TV.

You mean..they can be read or cannot be read? Im confused. I just want to simply know if I can use the built-in HD tuner of TV to get hd locals using dish's feed. Is that a possibility? And if yes, how.

No, it's not possible.
If you want to receive OTA signals you need to use a UHF/VHF antenna, like in the old days before cable and satellite. If you are close enough to the towers transmitting the OTA signals you can probably use an antenna that sits on your tv, if not you will need an antenna that mounts on the roof or attic. then connect the cable from the UHF/VHF antenna to the proper input on the t.v. once you do that you can switch the t.v. input to the over air input and do a channel scan. You will then pick up whatever OTA channels are available in your area.

Once again any satellite equipement you have has nothing to do with picking up OTA channels.:)

Thanks for the explanation guys. I had OTA antenna in my previous home. Thought that I could avoid that install if Dish is already getting those signals. Anyways...once my HD promotions end..I shall be back to OTA antenna I guess! Their pricing for HD stuff is too high at this point to continue with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)