Will I like MGS4?

ONUOsFan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Fishers, IN
So, I've been going back and forth on this one... I loved Uncharted (just played it again last night, in fact) and Ratchet and Clank and some others.

I can't play FPS games, but I thought since this one wasn't, I might be ok - but then again, I normally prefer to run in and shoot it out rather than sneaking around and being "strategic."

I've just heard so many good things about this game I thought I might give it a shot (I also have BB gift cards that would basically make it free) - I just haven't played an MG game since the original on NES, so I'm looking for some opinions.... I don't know why they couldn't have just had a PSN demo!

I'm actually on the fence too... I remember playing MGS for the Playstation in college and, like Zelda was for the N64, it was a reason to buy a Playstation it was so good.

I'd have blindly bought it if it weren't for the MGO beta, that reminded me how strange the controls seem compared to other 3rd person games. It just doesn't quite feel right. Doesn't make it wrong, it just feels different to control characters in the game.

In the end, it's a very pretty linear action game... I may just rent it despite preordering it from Best Buy on an impulse one day a month or two ago.

So, I've been going back and forth on this one... I loved Uncharted (just played it again last night, in fact) and Ratchet and Clank and some others.

I can't play FPS games, but I thought since this one wasn't, I might be ok - but then again, I normally prefer to run in and shoot it out rather than sneaking around and being "strategic."

I've just heard so many good things about this game I thought I might give it a shot (I also have BB gift cards that would basically make it free) - I just haven't played an MG game since the original on NES, so I'm looking for some opinions.... I don't know why they couldn't have just had a PSN demo!

I'm with you. I'm a little wary of FPS's and would need to demo before committing $60. Part of the enjoyment of these next gen games for me is the spectacle of the scenery, and I don't care for the limited view I've seen in the FPS's I've demo'd, though I may have to give Bioshock a serious look when it comes out for the PS3. :D

I'm with you. I'm a little wary of FPS's and would need to demo before committing $60. Part of the enjoyment of these next gen games for me is the spectacle of the scenery, and I don't care for the limited view I've seen in the FPS's I've demo'd, though I may have to give Bioshock a serious look when it comes out for the PS3. :D
Bioshock is a GREAT game. Even if it was a bit by bit port of the 360 version it would be worth buying. If you like either FPS or a great storyline, it is worth your time. Lack of multiplayer kind of stinks, but it truly is an experience to play.

Now, when it comes out, would you kindly pick up a copy of it?

...you'll get that when you play the game (no one spoil it!)

Bioshock is a GREAT game. Even if it was a bit by bit port of the 360 version it would be worth buying. If you like either FPS or a great storyline, it is worth your time. Lack of multiplayer kind of stinks, but it truly is an experience to play.

Now, when it comes out, would you kindly pick up a copy of it?

...you'll get that when you play the game (no one spoil it!)

I know it won a lot of awards and the visuals look amazing. I just checked Amazon and the 360 version is down to $31.99 ($39.99 list). I wonder if the PS3 version will release for less than $60 when it comes out at the end of the year as even the PC version is down to $19.99.

I know it won a lot of awards and the visuals look amazing. I just checked Amazon and the 360 version is down to $31.99 ($39.99 list). I wonder if the PS3 version will release for less than $60 when it comes out at the end of the year as even the PC version is down to $19.99.
Honestly, it is one of those games you will never forget, and not like E.T... you won't forget it for GOOD reasons..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)