Will I lose HD for life if I switch from America's Top 120 to Dish America?

fatpug

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 8, 2010
Here
I currently have the top 120 package with HD for life. If I switch to Dish America and later decide to go back to a Top ### package will the HD for life still be on my account?

Thanks

HD for Life will return when you return to the higher package, Mack, what part of $10 a month don't you understand????

sure they could charge me another 10 bucks a month, but you are paying for them one way or another, at least that is how I feel.....

sure they could charge me another 10 bucks a month, but you are paying for them one way or another, at least that is how I feel.....
I don't think there is a eye rolling smily large enough to cover that post. You either are or aren't paying $10 a month for HD versions of channels. If the OP'er did lose the Free for Life HD, and then had to start paying for it when they up'd back up to a higher package, they would be actually paying straight up for it, not in some metaphorical troll sort of way.

If you want to complain about "Free HD for life" not really being Free HD "for life" then that is a tale for another thread.

I prefer yarn, over tale myself.....I you like to think you are getting your HD channels for free go right ahead...

sorry to the op for hi-jacking your thread..

Last edited:
not sure, but nothing really free about free HD for life....just a marketing ploy IMO....others may disagree...

If you could show Dish adds to the price of all packages SD and HD to cover HD anyway, and if someone pays the $10 they are actually paying twice, then you would have a point. But as it is, I pay for HD what someone pays for SD for the same package. And without "Free for Life" I would be paying $10 more. In addition there have been other carriers that charge more for HD with no way to reduce that cost.

I was toold that it would not be an additional charge, if I returned to a higher package from Dish America. But it was previously stated on MY account that I had Free HD for Life, but they deleted the reference from My Account at some point. If you never go back, who cares.

No, you don't lose it... it's free for life.
I have switch to Dish America and even Smart Pack (non HD pack) and returned to my original package with HD and still have it.

And yes, it's actually free, if it wasn't I will be paying $10 more each month, that I am not paying right now.