Will I need some sort of dish change or hardware upgrade.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

paranoia

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 29, 2014
New England
I recently changed from a mini (41) to a HR24 (100) so now I have a genie (HR44) and 2 minis in addition to the 24.

My main question is I like the idea of having the 2 extra recording options for a total of 7, but if I get another 24 to swap with one of my minis , that would bring my total to 9 and I do not think my dish will cover 9. So what would I have to do with the extra tuners. to get them to work?

Thank you !! In advance for any answers or comments you may have.

PS: My satellite info is SL5 LNB dish and SWM LNB switch.

actually its even easier then that. since you already HAVE a SWM switch, presumably a SWM8 multiswitch, all they have to do is swap that out for a SWM16 switch, and presto! another 8 tuners available. if you can show us a picture of the switch we can tell you for sure what it is.

I don't know what the switch looks like, I have the power to swim item right next to me, I got the switch info from my menu on the genie, sorry for being so numb.

actually its even easier then that. since you already HAVE a SWM switch, presumably a SWM8 multiswitch, all they have to do is swap that out for a SWM16 switch, and presto! another 8 tuners available. if you can show us a picture of the switch we can tell you for sure what it is.
I wouldn't presume he has a swm switch. He said he has a swm lnb switch. Since there is no such thing, he may have a swm lnb or a swm switch.

Chances are you have a (splitter looking) device somewhere that your recvrs go into, the feed from the dish may also, probably has a red line on it showing the power port.
Your switch these guys are talking about it often placed outside (not always) it's larger than the splitter, maybe 6x8 or so.
the 13 SWM LMB would be the way I would go, if you have access to the dish.

How many cables come from your dish into the house? If a single cable from the dish, then you have a SWM built into the LNB on the dish. The LNB is the unit at the end of the arm in front of the dish. If you have four cables from the dish, then you probably have a SWM switch , either 8 or 16 channel, in the house, or somewhere in the path.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts