Will my new hard drive work with dvr?

Bigfoot

Original poster
Mar 28, 2009
Vermilion, Ohio
I just purchused a 1 terabyte HP (My Book) USB desktop drive for the VIP722 dvr and was wondering if it will work on that reciever? I know the reciever will only recognize 750 megs but thats beside the point for me....The price was right!

The make of the HD is western digital..........................
Say is that a picture of your Lab? I have 2 black labs, one's 9 years old and just got a Lab puppy 2 weeks ago, both are females, the puppy is sure is different from the other, getting up twice a night to let her out is something I don't remember doing with the old dog. I looking forward to her growing out of that phase..........

Last edited:
Yes, it will work and probably read the full 1T. Many are using them.

I have a 1 TB external USB drive on my ViP 622 (predecessor to the 722) and it works great. Now that the 1.5 TB drives are out, I wonder if anyone has tried one of those on the ViP 622/722?

I have a 1 TB external USB drive on my ViP 622 (predecessor to the 722) and it works great. Now that the 1.5 TB drives are out, I wonder if anyone has tried one of those on the ViP 622/722?

I posted results of testing 2 TB and 1.5 TB as EHD for 622[722] and 211[411] here and there.

The make of the HD is western digital..........................
Say is that a picture of your Lab? I have 2 black labs, one's 9 years old and just got a Lab puppy 2 weeks ago, both are females, the puppy is sure is different from the other, getting up twice a night to let her out is something I don't remember doing with the old dog. I looking forward to her growing out of that phase..........

Yes thats a picture of our "knuckle head" he's 3 years now, we also had a yellow Lab that was his brother, we think he had heart disease, he died in his sleep when he was only 14 months old. Hit the family really hard, he is still greatly missed, so Zuni( black lab in the picture ) gets tons of love

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts