Will my Old ConUS Local Channels stay on Spotbeams now?

Offroad

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 13, 2004
I "moved" to the Kansas City MO area over a year ago for their Dish HD locals, since at that time no Dish locals in my area were HD, and not all my OTA's were HD either.

I'm about 180 miles from the KC area, and a short time ago those locals stopped working. Looking at the channel list for the 129 Sat, it appears they are all on a spot beam now. Any chance they will come back to ConUS? Only two of the nearby Springfield, MO dish locals are currently in HD, any way to tell when the others will be? "D" has been advertising hard in this area that they have full HD locals for this market.

Thanks.

I "moved" to the Kansas City MO area over a year ago for their Dish HD locals, since at that time no Dish locals in my area were HD, and not all my OTA's were HD either.

I'm about 180 miles from the KC area, and a short time ago those locals stopped working. Looking at the channel list for the 129 Sat, it appears they are all on a spot beam now. Any chance they will come back to ConUS? Only two of the nearby Springfield, MO dish locals are currently in HD, any way to tell when the others will be? "D" has been advertising hard in this area that they have full HD locals for this market.

Thanks.
Nope. Take the Springfield locals. The PQ on KOLR HD and KSFX HD is excellent. A deal will be reached with KY3 for their 3 channels soon enough. They held out with DZirectv as well.

Nope. Take the Springfield locals. The PQ on KOLR HD and KSFX HD is excellent. A deal will be reached with KY3 for their 3 channels soon enough. They held out with DZirectv as well.

I'm getting all the Springfield network locals in HD on OTA now, but will miss the Dish KC locals during football season. They frequently get games Springfield doesn't so I had more to choose from.

Is the new Ciel-II Sat going to replace the current 129?

Ok, I "moved" back to my local market which includes the Springfield, MO locals. Unfortunately it appears that my two Springfield HD locals are on the 77 Satellite and my 1000.2 dish only gets the 110, 119 and 129. I'm confused as to why these channels aren't on the 129.

Dish Tech Support (via chat) offered to install the new dish for free with a new 24mo commitment or would discount the $199 install to $99 without renewing a commitment. My commitment should be up next month and I really don't want to commit to them for another two years.

Any other ideas to get them to do it for free, or can I beat the $99 price by installing myself? Will I need a switch in addition to the dish or is there a port for an additional dish on the 1000.2 dish? Which dishes will work?

I have plenty of 3ghz RG6 cable, compression tools and ends, and an eBay strength meter, but have never mounted a dish only tweaked those already installed.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Ok, I "moved" back to my local market which includes the Springfield, MO locals. Unfortunately it appears that my two Springfield HD locals are on the 77 Satellite and my 1000.2 dish only gets the 110, 119 and 129. I'm confused as to why these channels aren't on the 129.

Dish Tech Support (via chat) offered to install the new dish for free with a new 24mo commitment or would discount the $199 install to $99 without renewing a commitment. My commitment should be up next month and I really don't want to commit to them for another two years.

Any other ideas to get them to do it for free, or can I beat the $99 price by installing myself? Will I need a switch in addition to the dish or is there a port for an additional dish on the 1000.2 dish? Which dishes will work?

I have plenty of 3ghz RG6 cable, compression tools and ends, and an eBay strength meter, but have never mounted a dish only tweaked those already installed.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Well, you might ask to speak to the retention department and tell them you might switch to Directv, get a free install, and that you can get all the locals in HD there. They might be willing to work with you then. Mine was $79.95 and I was credited for the same amount with a 24 month commitment. Good luck!

Just look around for a house with a dish with no lnbs or both Dish and Directv dishes and ask if they are being used or not. I haven't bought a dish in a long time, usually find lots of freebies.